You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can import PS brushes, can I import the shape files?

I downloaded what I was told were vector files and they all turned out to be csh files.

How can I use them?

Thanks

BTW, my other question is about text envelopes. In OLD versions of my Serif programs one thing I used a lot was the great text envelopes. Is there a way to use the shapes with text to make an envelope? Right now I am bouncing back and forth between a few programs to get the text the way I want. I would prefer to do it all in Affinity Designer if I could.

thanks

Sig

4 hours ago, SigsCreations said:

I can import PS brushes, can I import the shape files?

I downloaded what I was told were vector files and they all turned out to be csh files.

How can I use them?

I think you have to open your CSH files in Adobe Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements) and save them from there. I don't know of a way to use them directly in Affinity Designer.

4 hours ago, SigsCreations said:

BTW, my other question is about text envelopes. In OLD versions of my Serif programs one thing I used a lot was the great text envelopes. Is there a way to use the shapes with text to make an envelope? Right now I am bouncing back and forth between a few programs to get the text the way I want. I would prefer to do it all in Affinity Designer if I could.

AD doesn't yet have anything like the Envelope Tool in DrawPlus. A vector mesh warp feature is on the 1.x roadmap.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

• 3 months later...

I am a user of Corels PaintShopPro for its easy to use lovely scripts from Creation Cassel. If you have  csh files you want to convert, you could try  using a trial version of psp then download and run this script.I have it and am just working out a batch run to convert the csh files into psp then into A Photo.

http://scrapbookcampus.com/2018/04/using-photoshop-shapes-in-paintshop-pro/

I am determined to learn  Photo this year now so I can create somew kits for designers like the millions available for PS.

When I have  done a successful batch run  Ill post details here or you can message me.

All the programing I did years ago put me off programming for a living  but has made  me  very interested in learning and devising legitimate  ways to do things in alternate programs.  Keeps the cobwebs out of my marbles er brains..  hehe

Thanks. I have used PSP since back when JASC owned them. I quit at version 11 because I didn't like the direction Corel was taking with the program. It seemed more geared to photography than general graphics. But I did recently buy PSP 2018 when I couldn't get Affinity to do what I needed. That's not to say it won't or can't but I couldn't figure it out and so went with what I am more familiar with.

I'd say 90% of what is on my computer is graphics or graphic programs and it is pretty normal for me to use 3 or 4 programs on one design. (I have 4 external drives and just maxed out another - sigh)

I just bought another program because the filter I used a LOT is no longer available and even running PSP in 32-bit mode, only a couple of my hundreds of filters work. This filter is built into this program and it wasn't a bad price to pay for a filter and I got the whole program. It is, unfortunately, another that Corel bought out and is no longer going to support or develop so hopefully Microsoft won't upgrade windows again to the point it won't run.

I give the script a play with later today.

• 1 year later...

@LyricsGirl Thank you this helps.

I was able to convert the .csh using the trial version of PSP based on the link you provided. I can see all the images in PSPShape for mat but wondering how to bring all these files to Affinity. Not sure if there are any batch processing option available.

Edited by aj416

5 hours ago, aj416 said:

@LyricsGirl Thank you this helps.

I was able to convert the .csh using the trial version of PSP based on the link you provided. I can see all the images in PSPShape for mat but wondering how to bring all these files to Affinity. Not sure if there are any batch processing option available.

After Christmas PM me and I will work on one!

Or at least try!