Evgeny

Invalid сyrillic text when opening .ai file

I open the .ai file and get the wrong text. I use Affinity Designer 1.6.0. The .ai file is created in adobe illustrator.

Extra characters between letters. When opening, there is no problem with the fonts. 

The problem with Cyrillic characters

How can this be avoided?

1.png

2.png

3.png

Welcome to the forum Evgeny :)

Is it possible to attach the .ai file to this thread? I will then be able to look into this further for you.

On 4/7/2018 at 6:12 PM, Leigh said:

Welcome to the forum Evgeny :)

Is it possible to attach the .ai file to this thread? I will then be able to look into this further for you.

Hi Look above

Hi Evgeny, thanks for attaching the file.

I've opened the file in AD and it replaces the missing font with Lucida Grande and it appears fine. Which font are you using?

4 hours ago, Evgeny said:

attach archive with fonts

Fonts.zip

Most of the fonts in that archive don’t have a .ttf or .otf filename extension.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher for Windows 1.9.1 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.9.1 • Designer for iPad 1.9.1 • iPadOS 14.4.2 (iPad Air 2)

αℓƒяє∂ mentions above that most of the fonts have no extension. However, macOS seems to recognise them but when installing they give errors. I was able to get access to these fonts and try again with your file and it appears fine in Affinity Designer. I would remove these fonts from your machine and re-download them from where you purchased/obtained them from and try again.

Fonts.thumb.png.12d4ae64a8ba4209e342394399099240.png

8 hours ago, Leigh said:

However, macOS seems to recognise them but when installing they give errors.

FWIW, I did not get any errors installing them on my iMac using Font Book. From what I can tell, the four that do not have extensions are all in 'font suitcases,' a kind of basically obsolete container file left over from the classic Mac OS days but still supported on Macs.

The only one I tested extensively in Affinity Designer on my iMac was the ufonts.com_akkurat-light-opentype.otf Open Type font, which is listed in apps as "Akkurat Light," regular typeface. All 247 of its glyphs are shown in the Affinity Glyphs Browser & could be inserted in a text block without errors.

Affinity Photo 1.9.2, Affinity Designer 1.9.2, Affinity Publisher 1.9.2;  2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.9.1.225 & Affinity Designer 1.9.1 (showing 1.9.7) for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 14.4 (18D52)

I downloaded the fonts from another source and the problem disappeared (fonts with the extension of .otf, they are in the attachment). Thank you. But I do not agree that you do not support the fonts I sent earlier. After all, the previous fonts take a mac and AI too, without problems. 

Fonts2.zip

On 8/28/2018 at 9:03 PM, Evgeny said:

I downloaded the fonts from another source and the problem disappeared (fonts with the extension of .otf, they are in the attachment). Thank you. But I do not agree that you do not support the fonts I sent earlier. After all, the previous fonts take a mac and AI too, without problems. 

Fonts2.zip

Happy to hear that they worked. I will take another look at your original fonts to see if I can see what's happening.

I've logged this with our developers for further investigation. I got your original fonts installed but as you've mentioned in your first post, they're not showing correctly in AFD. Will keep you updated.