You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

• Staff

Hi JutGent,
Actually we do support Photoshop adjustments - they should be editable. I wasn't expected them to be rasterised along the 
headshots in your file. As i said in the PM i will log this issue (i still have to check why they were rasterised in your document).

Regarding best practises, i haven't this clearly detailed in a doc yet as we have been improving PSD support (we added support for smart objects recently for example) but out of my head there's a couple layer styles and/or options we don't support (Pattern Overlay, Satin), editable text layers and Live Filters are not supported... I really have to spend a little time and put this down on paper first to give you an accurate reply, sorry.

Do you intend to exchange files with your colleagues in both directions (i meant also receive edited PSD files from them for further revisions/edits) or just sending them PSD's exported from Affinity?

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi there,

I’m a bit of a digital art noob and I’d really appreciate some help with a problem I’ve encountered. I’m having similar issues to others in this thread (image flattening when exported as a psd) but none of the solutions seem to be applicable to my case. I have been exporting a file as a psd (preserve editability) back and forth between Affinity Designer and Procreate but it has suddenly stopped working. 
When I import the file that was exported from designer it has all been flattened into one layer. 
I checked a previous save and it is still working fine when exported, but I have since made some changes (rasterised and merged some layers and created some art text (which I have also rasterised)) and now when I export the file it is flattened. 
The most recent exported file is only 1.6mb in size, whereas the previous exported file that was still working fine is 12.3mb, so it must be compressing the whole document on export, but I can’t figure out what has changed/ what I have done differently between now and when everything was still working and it’s driving me mad!!! I’ve googled and googled and can’t find a solution.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Alex

Update: I just tried exporting the document from the document dropdown list whilst still in the designer persona instead of exporting from the export persona and now everything seems to be working fine! Not sure why that would make a difference, but I’m just happy that all seems to be well! :) 

Edited by astralvision
Solved problem

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...