You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Created Brush neatness, killing my design (SOLVED)

(SOLVED) Future users - scroll down several posts for results. 

Neat Brush is killing my design, comes across fake looking.  What I mean by neat Brush? Better explained in photo. Help please community. 

5F5B5301-EA8F-4D70-A7BB-ACBB09C10704.png

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

@stokerg @Alfred thank you guys. Here you go. (Brush image up top, does not move as I adjust certain settings, thus I’m not sure how things will look or if I moved past what I want it to look like. With that said, pictures below so I can get clarity from you pros. Thank you. 

20B329E1-E0BD-473E-8E28-0D1EAE3AC0D5.png

92CCB19B-DC5B-4D29-B84D-6687CC2EFBF6.png

931DC764-4E3D-4534-8949-EBAAE898773C.png

Specs:

You've chosen values for 'Scatter X' and 'Scatter Y' but you've left their controllers set to 'None', and you haven't done anything at all with the 'Rotation' dynamics control.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

6 hours ago, Alfred said:

You've chosen values for 'Scatter X' and 'Scatter Y' but you've left their controllers set to 'None', and you haven't done anything at all with the 'Rotation' dynamics control.

UPDATE: 

Changes shown, when that “controllers” area you brought up was changed to random. Thank you. Would had never noticed controllers. I kroyvmoving the other stuff, but does not reflect in the Brush image shown up top. 

Controllers, definitely handled that. Should find my way now. 

Damn @Alfred you really are next level. I’ve learned tons from you brother. 

@stokerg thank you, I cam just imagine the amount of heft, as a moderator, having to check “every single” comment on all the posts, to all the threads, for all the categories in the forum. Thank you. I will look into the pressure, as it will help. Thank you sir. 

This is thread is ok to be closed. 

Thank you Alfred. 

This is because I don’t understand these things. I’ve just learned how to create a Brush. This stuff you guys are pointing out, is a foreign language to me.

However, after you’ve brought this up, when I add values, the image of the pixel for the Brush I created, shown up top (the neat look) doesn’t move, and so, I don’t know, when I change values, if it’s becoming chaotic or not, the way I’d like it to be.

Are you able to point out, where I should set the values, or where best to begin, so I can reach the closeness of my my goal?

Thanks guys

Specs:

5 hours ago, Affinity iPad Student said:

Would had never noticed controllers.

If you look again at Gareth’s post, you see (with the benefit of hindsight!) that he did actually mention controllers:

On 06/04/2018 at 9:36 AM, stokerg said:

try altering the scatter X and Y and setting them to use say Pressure as a controller

By definition ‘Random’ is going to be more chaotic than ‘Pressure’, but you’ll see a difference with either one.

5 hours ago, Affinity iPad Student said:

when I add values, the image of the pixel for the Brush I created, shown up top (the neat look) doesn’t move, and so, I don’t know, when I change values, if it’s becoming chaotic or not

You need to change the controller before you try fiddling with the value, otherwise you’re just previewing the (non-)effect of changing the value when the controller is set to ‘None’.

Alfred spacer.png

Isn’t ‘jitter’ just another term for the amount of variation allowed (e.g. rotation jitter, accumulation jitter, etc)? In other words, doesn’t ‘jitter’ refer to the dynamics settings that you’ve been playing with? :/

Alfred spacer.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/7/2018 at 2:58 PM, Alfred said:

Isn’t ‘jitter’ just another term for the amount of variation allowed (e.g. rotation jitter, accumulation jitter, etc)? In other words, doesn’t ‘jitter’ refer to the dynamics settings that you’ve been playing with? :/

Again, I wouldn’t know. I am new to all of these things.

I am literally just finding out this function even exists. Never dealt with this part of AP before. I just started Affinity Photo (photo editing in general) around June/July of last year - 2017.

Truth is, I use AP on and off, depending on my needs. (To illustrate my points/concepts) I’m starting to use it more now, and hopefully I’ll understand it more. Your question though is geared mor toward a person whom understands photo editing, terminology.. etc.

One day I’ll be there. In meantime, Affinity iPad Student = Baby with AP in every sense of that term :) 

Specs: