You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Any brush setting similar to transfer in Photoshop??

So there's a setting in Photoshop called transfer that I use religiously. Is there a setting in Affinity (or is a setting being planned in a future update) that I can use that would produce something similar?? I found another thread about this but I'm looking for more recent answers.... I tried setting "flow" to be affected by pen pressure, but the result is too different from what I'm looking for. I'd also be okay with a Photoshop plugin of... some sort, that might allow me to do something similar... I'm just so desperate for Affinity Photo to replace Photoshop for me. I refuse to pay monthly for something I wouldn't use monthly! Anything helps 

• Staff

Hi 4dm677,

Welcome to the forums :)

If you click the More button attached in the below screenshot the Brush properties window will appear, here you will find similar settings to the ones found in transfer. As far as I'm aware there aren't any plugins that allow you to do this.

Thanks

Callum

Screen Shot 2018-04-06 at 09.14.27.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Thanks so much Callum for the response and help! Though, these were settings I'd already found and messed with. Closest thing I can find similar to transfer is setting the flow to be affected by pressure. But it isn't close enough to work for what I need it for. Thanks again though, I'll find some kind of solution until it's maybe in an update! 

2 hours ago, 4dm677 said:

Closest thing I can find similar to transfer is setting the flow to be affected by pressure. But it isn't close enough to work for what I need it for.

Have you tried using the "Wet Edges" option, with or without setting a custom 'wet edge' profile?

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 1 year later...

If anyone is looking to recreate the transfer brush settings like photoshop, here are the options when you click "more" with brush selected.

Not sure if there's a way to save the settings here, because atm if you change brushes it goes back to default and you have to set it again. There might be an option, I've literally just started the trial so :P

Capture.PNG

Capture02.PNG