You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to select all aligned/snapped nodes of distinct curves?

Hi,

I am new to Designer so this might be an obvious question. However, I've done a lot of searching and haven't found the answer anywhere. I am drawing and animating a cartoon vine with lots of little branches off the main stem. I want to move nodes on the main stem around and have the branches follow while staying aligned to the nodes of the main stem.

First, I know that there is no way to join curves that branch, so I can't create a single curve for my stem and branches. I can use snapping to align the nodes with each other, but then each time I move one, the other node does not come with it.

This leads to my question. After aligning the nodes of two distinct curves, when I select the double node using shift + click, it only selects one of the two nodes. This is true even if both of the curves are selected. Is there a key to press or some other way to select all the aligned nodes at the same time? A workaround would be to first un-align the nodes, then select them both, then move them and finally re-align them. This is very inefficient. 

I'm having trouble visualizing what you are describing. Can you post a screen grab?

You certainly can select and move nodes from multiple objects at once.

See attached:

Shapes.thumb.jpg.2a0ce7ea52394e87359e52afbe658157.jpg

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Hi Gdenby, 

I've attached a series of screenshots to illustrate what I'm talking about. In the image you posed the nodes aren't overlapped so it is possible to select multiple nodes. I am asking about how to select multiple nodes when the nodes are overlapping. 

Node_snapping.jpg

Edited by Avi-1618
type-oh