You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Shifting Affinity Photo to 8 new desktops

We are a SeniorNet Group (Volunteer Oldies tutoring other Oldies about devices and apps)  in Auckland, New Zealand with 2 classrooms.  One classroom has eight desktops (as has the other).   On these eight desktops we have Affinity Photo - licenced learning from Serif.   As a few of these desktops are ten years old and some a bit newer, we are buying eight completely new desktops to replace them.

We need to transfer Affinity Photo from the old desktops to the new desktops.  What is the best process for achieving this please?

As a matter of interest - of the many, many apps we tutor the two most popular are Geneology and AFFINITY PHOTO!  :D

Jafa - Just Another Fantastic Aucklander

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

Nik Collection and Topaz Denoise AI

Intel Core i7 9700K @ 3.60GHz    32 °C
Coffee Lake 14nm Technology

I am a bit worried that I have not received any response after six hours!  :(

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

I believe Serif is a small company (80 people, I don't think they have 24-hour forum support) running on UK time.

Might be worth waiting until they get into work.

seriftime.png

Edited by obtusity
Restated support availability to indicate my belief rather than confirmed fact

19 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

When you posted this it was midnight in the UK. What would you expect ?

As obtusity says Serif do not provide a 24 hour service. 

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

5 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

Hi obtusity and toltec  - is your response meant to be abstruse?   It does in no way answer our basic question.  Do you mean to denigrate older people here in New Zealand?  I am 73, going on 74, and am very possibly amongst the younger of our members.   In what way have you contributed in responding to our question, apart from being antagonistic and combatitive??

At least you got an answer and you are now aware that Serif are not a 24 hour company and we have allayed your worries about waiting 6 hours.

That must be better than being ignored ;)

5 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

In what way have you contributed in responding to our question

They both simply tried to advise you that as Serif are in the UK their "support department" is currently closed. (no 24 hour support)

I believe it will open again at around 8:30am UK time

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Just now, toltec said:

At least you got an answer and you are now aware that Serif are not a 24 hour company and we have allayed your worries about waiting 6 hours.

That must be better than being ignored ;)

And your have responded to our intial question - how?

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

20 hours ago, carl123 said:

They both simply tried to advise you that as Serif are in the UK their "support department" is currently closed. (no 24 hour support)

I believe it will open again at around 8:30am UK time

(Jim)

Windows 11

Affinity Photo 2.4

Lightroom 6

1 minute ago, Jim Air said:

And your have responded to our intial question - how?

We (or I) did not respond to your initial question. The response was to your second post that you were worried that you had no answer after 6 hours.

Us elderly people need to minimise stress.

I am sure that Serif will respond as soon as possible when they open. So no need to worry.

2 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

Is it too difficult??

That is a question that should really be answered by Serif. I am sure they will find it easy to answer as they are the company who produce and licence the software.

As has been said before, I am sure they will answer it during UK time, office hours. 

10 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

So, instead of responding to my initial question, you have gone on to quell mode, not very uplifting!  When are you going to answer the question we have raised??  Is it too difficult??

You mentioned "classrooms" in your original post so it's possible your are running under some sort of educational license from Serif.

If that is the case only a Serif staff  member will know what the terms of that license is or how you initially installed the software onto your PCs and the correct procedure for moving the licenses to your new PCs.

That is why I cannot answer your question

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

1 hour ago, Jim Air said:

Like @toltec, my reply was meant to assuage your worry over the delay, and urge you to be patient for a few more hours to get an official answer.

Licensing is an area best answered by Serif. As users we can offer guesses, but they are not definitive answers.

My guess would be that you can simply install on the new computers, using your existing licences, and uninstall from the old machines.

However, I am neither Serif nor a licensing lawyer and this is merely a guess on my part. I could be completely wrong.

34 minutes ago, Jim Air said:

Do you mean to denigrate older people here in New Zealand?  I am 73, going on 74, and am very possibly amongst the younger of our members.   In what way have you contributed in responding to our question, apart from being antagonistic and combative??

I was intending to be informative and helpful as a fellow user assuring you that there is reason you have not yet seen a response, and I am hurt that you would consider my reply antagonistic and combative.

As an Australian not far off the elderly category myself, I regard New Zealanders as friendly relatives and elderly as experienced, in their own specific fields if not in mine.

My hopes for a rapid official response to your first issue.