You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

"Subtract" compound is leaving an artefact on one element

So I'm trying to use a few triangles on a larger triangle, using compounds to try and flatten the vertices of a triangle, this works well on 2 vertices but leaves an artefact on the 3rd, the screenshots should show it and nothing I've tried so far has gotten rid of it; editing curves, making another triangle, etc.

I should also mention that this artefact remains after I export it into PNG format for example

Capture.PNG

f.PNG

Dylan SJ Perez

• Staff

Hi Dylan SJ Perez,

This is a know issue with boolean operations when the edges of shapes overlap/match. To workaround it, and one node to each side of the triangle that overlap the bigger triangle and drag them outside bigger triangle along with the node that located in the vertice then perform the subtraction. In other words the only thing on that triangle that you need to keep in the original position is the edge that doesn't overlap the edges of the big triangle.

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Dylan SJ Perez,

This is a know issue with boolean operations when the edges of shapes overlap/match. To workaround it, and one node to each side of the triangle that overlap the bigger triangle and drag them outside bigger triangle along with the node that located in the vertice then perform the subtraction. In other words the only thing on that triangle that you need to keep in the original position is the edge that doesn't overlap the edges of the big triangle.

2 minutes ago, Scungio said:

You could select the 3 points of the triangle and use the Corner Tool with the straight option:

Corner.thumb.png.bf8b5e9677670242d6c05ab1f2f1d6db.png

Thank you for the explanation MEB, but I completely forgot that the Corner Tool existed seeing as I'm pretty new to AD, I think that this tool would serve me better in case I need to resize it again later.

Thanks to both of you for the quick replies.

Dylan SJ Perez