You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

Mark Ingram

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Both tied at 32% now... Thank you all :)

Too early for thanks, todoist are likely to push hard for this, expect another call to arms from them

Serif needs to go all out if they want to win this ( Where's my email from you guys? -  I don't follow social media)

Remember people you do not have to be on Windows 10 or have brought the product from the Windows Store, you just need any email to vote.

Create a new one (Yahoo, Gmail) if you do not want to give Microsoft your details

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

A Skype account works, too.  Phone too, but I'd never give the phone...

A lot of people have some almost-idle hotmail account. That'd be a good way.

IMO, quite an achievement just to be on par with an app counting on three enormous advantages promotion-wise : 1) Is free. 2) Is of general use, not for the niche of designers, inside the niche of ppl capable of making graphics, and only those who are particularly interested in alternative commercial software. If anything... chapeau to still being able to be on par, for now. 3) Among the several types of general use apps, it seems is a "getting things done" kind of thing? (I dunno), if so, that tends to be quite of the likes (very trendy) of the average user. (then there's the weirdos like me that never used those)

I don't know how this escaped my radar, my bad, but if I'd have noticed, I'd have been doing at least something to promote (you know, every grain of sand might count...).... (I mean, without being spammy, as that's worse than doing nothing, and disallowed in any forum/social media, these days). With gigs all over now, can't improvise well anything for 3 days.... :S  Again, that was my bad, tho. I guess my bad habit on checking mostly just threads of "content I posted in/follow", and email subscriptions (not checking all as much as in the first Windows beta times with Photo, etc).

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

1 hour ago, peter said:

I don't have a Microsoft account, but good luck any way.

I voted for you, I have two accounts :-)

32% - 32%, it will be tight.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

15 minutes ago, Pšenda said:

I voted for you, I have two accounts :-)

32% - 32%, it will be tight.

er...I'd be careful with that....

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Yay!!!!

Just got an email from Serif asking me to Vote for them

If I had not been a member of this forum and had not already voted I would certainly have done so now

Let's hope it's enough

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

23 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

Voted twice, used another account today...:ph34r:

is this allowed ?  :o

I wont do, just in case....

What a difference a day makes!:)

I am seeing 26%/45%/9%/20%

voting1.JPG

Affinity Version 1 (10.6) Affinity Version 2.4.1 All (Designer | Photo | Publisher)   Beta; 2.4 2.2356
OS:Windows 10 Pro 22H2 OS Build 19045.4046+ Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0
Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 21.04.01 
Radeon Settings Version 2020
20.1.03) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.41-1

• Staff

No, Please don't multi-vote, thanks

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

No, Please don't multi-vote, thanks

I did't. But I 'multi-hold' my thumbs ;)

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

• Staff

As of RIGHT NOW

Plex 8%

Penbook 18%

todoist 24%

Affinity Designer %50

trumpet-animated-gif-4.gif

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Just now, MikeW said:

It could flip again. It ain't over until the fat lady sings. Not the cat playing the trumpet...

Agreed, don't put off voting just because Affinity are way ahead at the moment.  They were way ahead before and todoist rallied their troops and overtook Affinity big time

todoist will be looking to do that again and possibly working on a way as we speak

Getting too cocky/complacent in this thread could lose Affinity's sudden surge ahead today

1 hour ago, Stuart_R said:

What a difference a day makes!:)

I am seeing 26%/45%/9%/20%

12 minutes ago, Patrick Connor said:

As of RIGHT NOW

Plex 8%

Penbook 18%

todoist 24%

Affinity Designer %50

What a difference an hour makes! ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Let's invoke the Pied Piper (unintended reference to Silicon Valley, the TV show) of Hamelin of all vector designers (with a taste for the alternative flavour) . One app to rule them all, one app to find them, one app to bring them all, and in the darkness bind them. (surely in summer).