Mark Ingram

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

8 minutes ago, SrPx said:

60/19....but all can change even in the last 20 seconds.

I don’t think anyone would leave it that late. This isn’t an eBay auction, you know! :D

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

2 hours ago, SrPx said:

Around to that mileage    :D

(about voting twice or more with more accounts... I keep seeing a risk there, with legal stuff, depends on the terms (edit: can't seem to find terms anywhere, and if there aren't, they hardly would be able to legally complain....Still, I recommend not to do it. ), but I'd better don't do it....)

2 hours ago, SrPx said:

Around to that mileage    :D

(about voting twice or more with more accounts... I keep seeing a risk there, with legal stuff, depends on the terms (edit: can't seem to find terms anywhere, and if there aren't, they hardly would be able to legally complain....Still, I recommend not to do it. ), but I'd better don't do it....)

1 vote per account, if Microsoft was really concerned they should have locked the ip-adres to 1 vote only.

And I am quite sure "smart" people from the competition have done the same. Maybe also more Designer users you don't even know off.

If you wanted to do really bad, you could create for every vote a new account. Every time you click on vote there is an option to create a new account.

Don't blame me for finding the plotholes.LOL.

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I don’t think anyone would leave it that late. This isn’t an eBay auction, you know! :D

You could always use "my" method...:ph34r::4_joy:

No, just kidding.

This is all I could find about the votes:

Leveraging the latest Windows 10 capabilities

Exploring the latest Windows 10 features and capabilities, the winner of this award pushes the envelope and sets a new bar for what is possible for developing on the Windows 10 platform. This award recognizes an application creator that leverages the latest Windows 10 capabilities and APIs such as Fluent Design System, Ink, Hello, and Microsoft Graph.

• Has to be published in Microsoft Store
  • Has to be leveraging SDK 15063 or later
  • Has to creatively leverage Windows 10 capabilities like Ink, Dial, Microsoft Graph, MyPeople, Live Tiles/Notifications, etc.

2 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

This is all I could find about the votes:

{snip}

That isn’t actually about the votes, of course. It’s about eligibility for inclusion in the contest. ;)

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

40 minutes ago, Alfred said:

That isn’t actually about the votes, of course. It’s about eligibility for inclusion in the contest. ;)

Precisely, couldn't find anything about voting.

61/19 ....

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

63/17/14/6.... 

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

It seems Microsoft may be moving the goalposts (but we're not worried). I understand that the vote is now staying open until just before the Microsoft Build 2018 event in Early May....

I think we should all stop holding our breath, it may be quite a wait ;) 

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Designer is winning by a huge margin. I don't think that will change in the remaining hours.

Best regards!

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

Ehm.... mith, read above your post... Is not just some hours.... ;)  (1 minute of difference... I believe is a case of cross posting, you did not see it  :)  )

Oh, well... I'm not getting optimist that early ever again... :(

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

3 hours ago, Mithferion said:

Oh, well... I'm not getting optimist that early ever again... :(

Yeah, neat trick from Microsoft.:o

They are changing the rules again, lol.

2 hours ago, Tourmaline said:

They are changing the rules again,

And here was discussed the fairness of voting from several accounts - this is how it is works :-)

Affinity Photo 1.7.1.404, Affinity Designer 1.7.1.404, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1.404. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

This was posted to the Windows Developer mailing list: "There's been such enthusiasm and it's such a tight race, that we've extended the voting to May 5th."

I would guess that, in other words, they have received very low number of votes in some categories.

I also got the same mail from microsoft! That is so low! I'm personally not a fan of changing rules so quickly. To me this is really a low action from microsoft to extend the voting. I personally understand, if microsoft wants to extend the voting, but this should be a serious competition. This is not some kind of a drawing contest for 10 year olds, where rules are getting changed every time just to satisfy everyone!

I should calm down....the world has more severe problems than this xD   

5 hours ago, MoreK said:

This was posted to the Windows Developer mailing list: "There's been such enthusiasm and it's such a tight race, that we've extended the voting to May 5th."

I would guess that, in other words, they have received very low number of votes in some categories.

That's my guess as well. Anyway, I suppose this gives Affinity more time to push social media awareness, and other forms of letting people know about this.

I've already contacted everyone I could to get them to vote. :)