Mark Ingram

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

1 hour ago, Mark Ingram said:

We can't unfortunately, not without building a new version and distributing it on the store - which would take way more than a few days (the vote expires on 16th).

Why is there no information on Affinity blog?

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367, Affinity Publisher Beta. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

Designer deserves all the publicity, including this. Time to help a bit? If you are a member of any photo or graphics art related forums, maybe you could post a friendly message about the matter and ask people to cast a vote for Designer.

25 minutes ago, MoreK said:

Designer deserves all the publicity, including this. Time to help a bit? If you are a member of any photo or graphics art related forums, maybe you could post a friendly message about the matter and ask people to cast a vote for Designer.

Good Idea....just commented on Google!:)

APh & AD 1.7.1.404 + Beta AD 1.7.1.404 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.1.404 RC2
APu 1.7.1.404

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.06.2(Adrenalin, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

5 hours ago, MoreK said:

Pity, that there is no official message (for example on the blog). This is how I had to share just a link to a forum post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/395154144160035/permalink/616161418725972/

Affinity Photo 1.7.0.367, Affinity Designer 1.7.0.367, Affinity Publisher Beta. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.145.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

11 hours ago, Pšenda said:

Pity, that there is no official message (for example on the blog). This is how I had to share just a link to a forum post.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/395154144160035/permalink/616161418725972/

You could also have shared our Facebook post

https://facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=947708745403970&id=229183100589875

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Best wishes for a win.  Needs more support though, I noticed "Todoist" is currently 35% and Affinity 26% :(

David

Affinity Photo (1.6.5.123 & Beta); Sketchup

Windows 10 Pro, 64-bit; Ver. 1809 (OS Build 17763.529);

Intel i7-4790, 4 GHz; 16GB; Asus R9 280.

Whaaat? O.o Last Time I checked, Affinity Designer was voted around 48% and now only 26%...and I also remember that even Penbook was a few percent over Todoist! I mean there are hundreds of similar Apps like Todoist. I can absolutely see no exciting Tools, Features and whatsovever Todoist can offer in comparison to other Projectmanagement or To-Do-List Apps for Windows. I mean even Plex does sound more exciting and useful to me^^

Just now, Tourmaline said:

Voted. Strange though that Affinity Designer went form 53% to 26 percent as of today!

Not that strange. I understand that 2 of the apps notified all users that have it installed to vote for them using a built in (UWP app) feature of the store, irrespective of whether it was running at the time. So that was quite effective (and fair).

Patrick Connor

Serif (Europe) Ltd.

5 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

Ok. Personally I can't see why a program like Todoist should win. Nothing special or real innovation.

Exactly. Really Sad! But Honestly, I really don't care about the final outcome. That is because I assume Serif will present Affinity Designer for Ipad at WWDC 2018. This will have way more impact on creative/productive people. Nobody will then talk about Todoist anymore. Furthermore, in the second half of 2018 new rumors/ Information about Affinity Publisher will spread (does not matter if Serif will only release the beta version or not at all).

So, good publicity for Serif. It would be of course awesome, if Serif would somehow win this developer Award. That would give them a good boost for their ego and motivation during the next months. I think 2018 could be very exciting for Serif customers. It is the year, customers will get a bigger picture on what the company Serif is really about (goals, target groups, products, etc.). It could be a crucial year for Serif! They can lay a good rock solid foundation for their upcoming years, if everything goes as expected.

This needs a bump

Getting too close to call this one

stats.jpg

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.

Seems I hadn't voted ! :$ Done. :) 

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

Seeing what can I do in social media....

Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo licenses, Windows 7, i7  860 (2009) 2.8 GHz,  8 GB RAM, GTX 1050 2 GB, HD 7200 RPM.  Wacom Intuos 4 XL.

You could run a contest giveaway (ie, some device/gadget).... or giving away a few licenses or sth....well, too late, is 3 days to go, I think.

At a company I worked at, freebies (icons, textures, etc), as a download for everyone, was quite efficient for promoting almost whatever, if done with enough social media promoting and intensive enough in what is the entries/uploads/url addition at freebie depots. I was in charge of that and of actually making the icon packs... But that was about 5 -6 years ago, dunno how are the masses habits in that matter by now. I know it used to bring quite some traction (I mean, google ranking, which was the purpose for that).... People like free stuff, specially with things they actually need. But well, it's 3 days now...

Seems I hadn't known about this post till now.... :S