Mark Ingram

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

Just voted.  Affinity certainly deserves to win!

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

I thought this was going to be an easy victory..but it's slipped back today...AFFINITY needs more votes!O.o

voting.JPG

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.3.476 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.3.476
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.3.475

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.09.2(Adrenalin 2019, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

33 minutes ago, Stuart_R said:

I thought this was going to be an easy victory..but it's slipped back today...AFFINITY needs more votes!O.o

I wonder whether the latest votes come from users who've been seduced by the 'value for money' factor. Todoist is free. ¬¬

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

10 minutes ago, Alfred said:

I wonder whether the latest votes come from users who've been seduced by the 'value for money' factor. Todoist is free. ¬¬

Maybe!....

It might have been better to keep this tread visible at the front of the Forum....There is an 8 hour gap in quotes/replies...

...still Hopefully AD will win :)

APh & AD 1.7.1.445 + Beta AD 1.7.3.476 | APh 1.7.1.404 + Beta AP 1.7.3.476
APu 1.7.1.404 +Beta Apu 1.7.3.475

Rig:AMD FX 8350 and AMD Radeon (R9 380 Series) Settings Version 19.09.2(Adrenalin 2019, 
Radeon Settings Version
19.1.1) + Wacom Intuous 4M with driver 6.3.35-3

2 hours ago, Alfred said:

I was wondering whether price would play a part too, as all the others can be downloaded for free.  I just hope they are genuine votes from real users and not coming from a click farm or something.  It's frustrating to see a to-do list ahead of something like Affinity Designer. It doesn't even have a particularly good rating, which makes it's popularity even more puzzling. 

001.png.26a95980411f0169583ca37b7e00cbfa.png

Todoist has a much broader appeal than Affinity. Everyone needs a to-do list, even if it's just for grocery shopping, the same can't be said about a design & illustration software. That said, it will be pretty sad if they win. :(

Penbook has now shot up to 22% at the expense of all the other three. Compared to the figures that @Stuart_R posted 16 hours ago, Affinity Designer has dropped by 2%, Plex has dropped by 3% and Todoist has dropped by 4%.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.2.471 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.2.153 • Designer for iPad 1.7.2.6 • iOS 12.4.1 (iPad Air 2)

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

Penbook has now shot up to 22% at the expense of all the other three. Compared to the figures that @Stuart_R posted 16 hours ago, Affinity Designer has dropped by 2%, Plex has dropped by 3% and Todoist has dropped by 4%.

It's because they've sent a notification out to everyone's computer who has it installed. I know because I got one earlier...

7 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

It's because they've sent a notification out to everyone's computer who has it installed. I know because I got one earlier...

Time for Serif's email marketing team to do the same then

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Just now, carl123 said:

Time for Serif's email marketing team to do the same then

We can't unfortunately, not without building a new version and distributing it on the store - which would take way more than a few days (the vote expires on 16th).

11 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

I don't recall getting one. (I grabbed the app while it was originally on offer for only a few days, but I see that the offer has been extended to cover the remaining days of the voting period.)

Alfred online2long.gif

25 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

We can't unfortunately, not without building a new version and distributing it on the store - which would take way more than a few days (the vote expires on 16th).

I meant email everyone that has purchased the app through the Affinity store (whose email details you already have)

I voted and I neither have Windows 10 or use the Windows store

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

I was one of the early voters, too!

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album