You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

Mark Ingram

Congratulations! You guys really deserve it. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

Congrats to all of you! Well deserved, for the Store app and desktop applications.

Next year, another Ninja Cat for Affinity Publisher ;)

Windows 11 - 23H2 ⊕ ASUS PRIME X670E-Pro ⊕ AMD Ryzen 9-7900X ⊕ Arctic Liquid Cooler II ⊕ 64GB RAM ⊕ OS SSD Samsung 980Pro 2Tb ⊕ Cache SSD Samsung 870 EVO 1Tb ⊕ Video HD WD Blue 4Tb ⊕ Geforce RTX 3060 12Gb ⊕ BenQ SW270C ⊕ Dell U2412M ⊕ Affinity Photo 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Designer 2.3.x ⊕ Affinity Publisher 2.3.x

24 minutes ago, Mark Ingram said:

Hi all, the video was heavily edited, due to the loud noise in the room. I think the original interview was around 5 minutes.

I wondered about that, Mark! In its final form (40 seconds including the intro and outro) it isn't even a "Q&A" as it says in the title of the video, let alone an "interview" as implied by the description: it's just Iris Classon introducing you, followed by your brief expression of thanks for the award and acknowledgement of your colleagues' contributions, all barely audible over the background noise.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Gratulations to the team, and make keep it up.

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

Three cheers for Serif Labs!:D:D:D

I take it the pressure's now on for APu to collect the same awards as its older siblings.

Is the reason for APu's delays down to well earned rest, awards, partying and hangovers? It would be the coolest excuse ever!B|

Once again well done team!

affinity-nature-cp_4_9_2013_23_0.png

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

14 hours ago, peter said:

I take it the pressure's now on for APu to collect the same awards as its older siblings.

Is the reason for APu's delays down to well earned rest, awards, partying and hangovers?

Perhaps, but we need apps … no awards. ;)

No, the needed cats they get are lifeless statues, no additional programmers. Or was it a Trojan cat? ;)

Oh, awards can be terribly helpful.... to bring more programmers, to make the apps.  You never know ! Plus, they really deserve it ! (folks should be cutting 'em some slack.... and some cake, too. )

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

7 minutes ago, SrPx said:

Oh, awards can be terribly helpful.... to bring more programmers, to make the apps.  You never know ! Plus, they really deserve it ! (folks should be cutting 'em some slack.... and some cake, too. )

I think cake would have been very much more welcome than what was actually on offer! :o

Dc3Xb1sX4AAqDU2?format=jpg

https://mobile.twitter.com/IrisClasson/status/994688045919227905

Alfred spacer.png

I'm not up-to-date on this thread, having congratulated the team earlier in here, but I sincerely hope that everyone concerned has an excellent summer break! I am happy to have the best products from the best, award winning, programmers ad designers.

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

• 4 months later...
54 minutes ago, - S - said:

And there was me thinking you were just multi-talented.  :)

But of course our Mark is multi-talented! Haven’t you read about his swimming awards? :P

Alfred spacer.png

• 1 month later...

Affinity Team:

A belated but thoroughly deserved recognition. The hard work has paid off.

I have been off the grid for a while, so this award is a heartening accolade to return to.

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)