You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

Mark Ingram

29 minutes ago, LCamachoDesign said:

That's my guess as well. Anyway, I suppose this gives Affinity more time to push social media awareness, and other forms of letting people know about this.

I've already contacted everyone I could to get them to vote. :)

I decided to have a look at this thread after getting the "We've changed the rules" email - I didn't see @Mark Ingram's (?) post asking people to consider voting though!

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

possible to vote twice???? 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

On 4/13/2018 at 11:46 AM, Mark Ingram said:

You might do if you've ever had a Hotmail, Xbox, Live, Outlook, Office, etc account.

I had a hotmail account from the .com days prior to co.uk coming out. It hasn't been used for about 10 years or so...

Go on then...(signs up for new email address)...votes for you know who!:4_joy: 

The one at 62%.

5ad679a2e62ec_Screenshot2018-04-1723_20_40.thumb.png.05dc2cdcbd36035450b6e74b547456a8.png

I heard that your water cooler is getting an upgrade too! Must be all the awards that you keep winning!:1_grinning:5ad679c1621d0_Screenshot2018-04-1723_43_47.png.b5ae6b0c8532e7ec62f1a928ef2c115e.png

Might need to order a few more...

One for AD, one for APh and one day soon APu.

Edited by peter
forgot the last bit

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Would be nice if Serif could buy GraphicRiver with the winnings. 

It would shift the Affinity ecosystem to another level. 

This gents are very creative and Serif too, so.... 

Edited by Arnaud Mez

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

I'm pretty sure there's no monetary prize on these awards, it's just recognition/exposure. Even if there's a prize, it's just a symbolic amount, I doubt it passes the $50.000 which may seem like a lot of money, but actually doesn't even cover 6 months of one (1) developer's salary...

In any case, have you all asked more people to vote? :D 

It looks as though most people who want to vote have done so already. The current percentages are the same as the ones in the screenshot that @peter posted a week ago.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You can always get a slash dot effect -ish sort of sudden (even in just an hour, been there) mass vote from a free app's HUGE user base.... 

I don't trust "the internets" anymore, sorry... :D

If I was able to change a google listing for certain (critical for a company, which paid nicely the company I was working at, ofc. Cleaning reputation kind of stuff, but was not the main company task) text chain result for an entire week (then the forces of the universe (aka Google) got all back to its natural order (complaints/bad name about that company crawling back again to the top, pretty fast)...) with a bunch of graphic freebies, and I'm an absolutely total nobody, I guess ANYTHING can happen. That was years ago, the algorithms are now bullet proof, and even a global interest for some freebie, and upload to many depots, posting PRs, etc, that doesn't work anymore, or almost... Their kung-fu is so much better than my kung-fu, now. :D It only really works... quality content, and genuine interest of the masses about one thing, be it right or wrong, the masses rule. (ultimately, is the huge online companies ruling/directing those masses, anyway...) 

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Even so.... free organizer, to-do tool,  or cheap ones, there must be a gazillion...

Fully pro work compliant (or at its 99%, will get there)  vector based design tools,covering such a wide field, good UI, very pros friendly, etc....reaaaally smaller number. It is quite unique for several matters, and so, it have its chances to actually beat the other in raw numbers, despite being affordable but still commercial. So, might be worrying for nothing... Anyhow, free stuff has a tremendous power in diffusion and propagation. So, I'll believe it at the time no one else can vote. :D  

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

On 25/04/2018 at 10:18 AM, Alfred said:

It looks as though most people who want to vote have done so already. The current percentages are the same as the ones in the screenshot that @peter posted a week ago.

One week on, and Penbook has gained a single percentage point at the expense of Affinity Designer. Not much of a dent in AD’s huge lead at this late stage.

Alfred spacer.png

On 02/05/2018 at 11:57 AM, zebra said:

Looks like Affinity is going to win!:D

Looks like Affinity has won!! proposetoast.gif

Alfred spacer.png

Excellent! :6_smile: (too early in the morning to find a glass of red!)

MacBook Pro 11,2,  Intel i7 4 core, 8Gb RAM, Graphics Intel Iris Pro.

iPad Pro 11.4,  256Gb, 10.5 Retina, A10X Fusion chip, Apple pencil

Desktop upgraded to Win10 64-bit, Intel i5 quad core, 8Gb RAM, NVIDIA GefORCE GT730

The Win-10 laptop is on permanent loan to my daughter......

My Flickr Album

5 minutes ago, Sunset said:

(too early in the morning to find a glass of red!)

LOL. :D

Alfred spacer.png

Edit--    ehm...never mind 

19 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

Can't see who won.

We already know the answer to that, but I think they want to make a big announcement about it at the event.

Thank you for your votes! We’ll announce the winners at Microsoft Build in May. Good luck to all the finalists!

Alfred spacer.png

4 hours ago, Alfred said:

We already know the answer to that, but I think they want to make a big announcement about it at the event.

So Affinity Designer has won?

No percentages available anymore.

If so, congratulations Serif on the win.:D:214_lion_face:

4 hours ago, Tourmaline said:

So Affinity Designer has won?

No percentages available anymore.

If so, congratulations Serif on the win.:D:214_lion_face:

Last time I checked, it was 61% for Designer... I didn't celebrate here in the topic because I learned my lesson back then...

Best regards!