You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Microsoft Windows Developer Awards 2018

Mark Ingram

8 minutes ago, SrPx said:

60/19....but all can change even in the last 20 seconds.

I don’t think anyone would leave it that late. This isn’t an eBay auction, you know! :D

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Is the "cautious" side of me....

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

2 hours ago, SrPx said:

Around to that mileage    :D

(about voting twice or more with more accounts... I keep seeing a risk there, with legal stuff, depends on the terms (edit: can't seem to find terms anywhere, and if there aren't, they hardly would be able to legally complain....Still, I recommend not to do it. ), but I'd better don't do it....)

2 hours ago, SrPx said:

Around to that mileage    :D

(about voting twice or more with more accounts... I keep seeing a risk there, with legal stuff, depends on the terms (edit: can't seem to find terms anywhere, and if there aren't, they hardly would be able to legally complain....Still, I recommend not to do it. ), but I'd better don't do it....)

1 vote per account, if Microsoft was really concerned they should have locked the ip-adres to 1 vote only.

And I am quite sure "smart" people from the competition have done the same. Maybe also more Designer users you don't even know off.

If you wanted to do really bad, you could create for every vote a new account. Every time you click on vote there is an option to create a new account.

Don't blame me for finding the plotholes.LOL.

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

I don’t think anyone would leave it that late. This isn’t an eBay auction, you know! :D

You could always use "my" method...:ph34r::4_joy:

No, just kidding.

This is all I could find about the votes:

Leveraging the latest Windows 10 capabilities

Exploring the latest Windows 10 features and capabilities, the winner of this award pushes the envelope and sets a new bar for what is possible for developing on the Windows 10 platform. This award recognizes an application creator that leverages the latest Windows 10 capabilities and APIs such as Fluent Design System, Ink, Hello, and Microsoft Graph.

• Has to be published in Microsoft Store
  • Has to be leveraging SDK 15063 or later
  • Has to creatively leverage Windows 10 capabilities like Ink, Dial, Microsoft Graph, MyPeople, Live Tiles/Notifications, etc.

2 minutes ago, Tourmaline said:

This is all I could find about the votes:

{snip}

That isn’t actually about the votes, of course. It’s about eligibility for inclusion in the contest. ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

61/19 ....

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

63/17/14/6.... 

• Staff

It seems Microsoft may be moving the goalposts (but we're not worried). I understand that the vote is now staying open until just before the Microsoft Build 2018 event in Early May....

I think we should all stop holding our breath, it may be quite a wait ;) 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Designer is winning by a huge margin. I don't think that will change in the remaining hours.

Best regards!

Ehm.... mith, read above your post... Is not just some hours.... ;)  (1 minute of difference... I believe is a case of cross posting, you did not see it  :)  )

2 hours ago, Tourmaline said:

They are changing the rules again,

And here was discussed the fairness of voting from several accounts - this is how it is works :-)

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

This was posted to the Windows Developer mailing list: "There's been such enthusiasm and it's such a tight race, that we've extended the voting to May 5th."

I would guess that, in other words, they have received very low number of votes in some categories.

I also got the same mail from microsoft! That is so low! I'm personally not a fan of changing rules so quickly. To me this is really a low action from microsoft to extend the voting. I personally understand, if microsoft wants to extend the voting, but this should be a serious competition. This is not some kind of a drawing contest for 10 year olds, where rules are getting changed every time just to satisfy everyone!

I should calm down....the world has more severe problems than this xD   

5 hours ago, MoreK said:

This was posted to the Windows Developer mailing list: "There's been such enthusiasm and it's such a tight race, that we've extended the voting to May 5th."

I would guess that, in other words, they have received very low number of votes in some categories.

That's my guess as well. Anyway, I suppose this gives Affinity more time to push social media awareness, and other forms of letting people know about this.

I've already contacted everyone I could to get them to vote. :)