You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello, Again a question about starting problems with Affinity Photo. I received the tip with holding down the Ctrl key during starting and I saw that field. Then the program started normal. Today however it took about 10 minutes to start up. Is it possible to reinstall this programm and how to do this?

Greetings, Albert, the Netherlands.

Do you have hundreds or thousands of fonts installed, Albert? If so, that can make the program start up significantly more slowly.

I see from your earlier posts that you purchased the program from the Microsoft Store. You should see an 'Uninstall' option when you right-click on the program icon: after uninstalling it, simply sign in to the Microsoft Store and install it again.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

1 minute ago, Albertus said:

No, I have not installed any fonts to Affinity but on my laptop I have a lot.

Fonts are not directly installed to the Affinity apps. Like most Windows software, the Affinity apps will use any fonts that have been correctly installed in Windows, so if you have thousands of fonts you should use a font manager to uninstall most of the ones which are not essential to the operating system, and then load (i.e. temporarily install) the fonts that you need for a particular project or set of projects.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I am working now with the programm but the first thing I do is follow your advice and do something with all the fonts installed on my computer. Just a question to an expert, works this programm better or smoother on an iMac or on a Windows device? 

Albert.