You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to add icons to styles menu?

I have successfully added a few styles for what I want and doing regularly. Some I saved from a psd document and it worked.

Some of my saved styles is showing the name in the styles menue, but no icon. Is there a way that I can add an icon that will display there?

I'm assuming you mean it's not showing the cog?  Can you do a screenshot of the styles menu?

• Create a few shapes and apply the styles that don't show the icon
  • From the Styles Panel Menu, Create a new Style Category
  • From the Styles Panel Menu, Rename the Style Category to something useful
  • Select all of the shapes
  • From the Styles Panel Menu choose Add Style from Selection ( All of the Styles should now show in the Styles Category you have previously created)
  • From the Styles Panel Menu, choose Export Styles... (Remember where you saved it to.)
  • Now upload the Exported Styles Category here and we can take a look at why the icons don't show.

Another option is to recreate the style in Affinity Photo to see if it displays the icon.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

I've just imported some styles over from a psd file, and they have all come over correctly apart from those that had a Pattern Overlay, the pattern was ignored because Affinity doesn't have a Pattern Overlay in the Layer Effects Panel.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

15 minutes ago, Johan Crous said:

The first two make an icon, but the last 3 didn't.

The icon is displayed in the style, what it represent.

According to the description (gel, glass), they may be transparent styles that will not be visible after the application on icon/cog.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.