You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Sync settings in Develop persona?

I have been working my way through the Affinity Photo Workbook, and in general find it both stimulating and educational. My AP skills have definitely improved. Highly recommended.

However, I just worked through Section 2 of Chapter 4 about the Torres Del Paine panorama.  I decided to develop the 9 NEF files rather than work with the pre-developed jpegs, but after making adjustments to the first one, the text instructed me to make the same adjustments to the other 8.  I assume the intention was that I do this manually?

Is there really no way to sync Develop settings across multiple images?  Sometimes I do focus stacking and might have 20 or 30 images to develop. Repeating any nontrivial develop adjustments will definitely be both tedious and error prone.  

There must be a better way! (Apologies if this functionality is already in the AP Develop persona--possibly I just didn't find it.)

I am using AP 1.6.4 on Windows 10, in case that matters.

You can create and use Presets. 

Make all the settings, click on the burger menu and then Add Preset. Once Added, they appear in the Dropdown menu (where it says "Default"). Next time you load an image, the Presets will be available to apply all your setting to that image in one go.

You can still fine tune the settings after applying the Preset..

You can save all the settings as shown in the Basic panel as a Preset, so it's pretty comprehensive. If you need to save settings from the other panels, like Details, you would have to save a Preset for that Panel's settings too.

preset.jpg.adb431ce39c50e41439786898d6edfec.jpg

Presets also appear in the Photo Persona, so are a common tool in AP for applying all sorts of settings. Look out for the Add Preset button when you apply an adjustment layer.

add.jpg.5b7c604a07127e613a3331c85ab17cf9.jpg

They appear in the Adjustment panel, with thumbnail.

ad.jpg.6dace433b32b9a469bb05c5ebaede5b1.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

• 2 weeks later...

Just trying to get used to the develop persona presets

you say "Make all the settings, click on the burger menu and then Add Preset"

I make the settings then click on the presets down arrow and I get no option to add a preset just says default.

So the question is how do I add / save my own preset and what is the "burger menu" you mention

2 hours ago, Dr Astronomy said:

So the question is how do I add / save my own preset and what is the "burger menu" you mention

The "burger" menu (a.k.a. "hamburger" menu) is the four line icon shown at the top of the first screenshot of the reply by @toltec. Click on that to get the "Add Preset" menu choice shown in that same screenshot.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

2 hours ago, Dr Astronomy said:

Just trying to get used to the develop persona presets

you say "Make all the settings, click on the burger menu and then Add Preset"

I make the settings then click on the presets down arrow and I get no option to add a preset just says default.

Hi Dr Astronomy

The little menu that appears on some Studio panels. Serif calls this the "Panel preferences" menu but it is more commonly called the "burger" menu because the icon looks a bit like a burger.

burger.jpg.7e5b49ad4b002e5ed0e092ee5abe0823.jpg

When you click on the "burger", the little menu pops up with the "Add Preset" option in it, as shown in the image above.

Click on Add Preset and the naming box appears.

preset.jpg.c93baa86dc49d6f87b81a7cf5e6b5443.jpg

Give it a name like "bob" ;) and it will appear in the list along with "Default" when you next click on the Preset: down arrow.

bob.jpg.cc8dccb7126ae0fe9eabc2bdfc682667.jpg

You can add more Presets the same way and they will appear in the list too.

To delete a Preset, select it, click on the burger menu and the Delete Preset will no longer be greyed out.

delete.jpg.4e1f4d54de147a3fdbd55655fec66df9.jpg

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.