Sign in to follow this  
Zet

German translation

The Delet Button „schließen“ is the wrong translation (Picture). 

The right translation is „Löschen“!

1E2B30C2-C45A-4896-8745-70D893C81926.jpeg

You are right. „Schließen“ is the right verb for Close. But if you press the Button. The Project you cloused will be also deleted. For delet is the right verb „Löschen“. 

Sorry if i am wrong. 

On 4/5/2018 at 7:35 PM, Zet said:

The Project you closed will be also deleted. For delete is the right verb „Löschen“. 

I was also confused the first time I used the Affinity apps on iPad. I think labelling delete as "close" isn't the best way.

I was searching for a way to delete a document and was also very confused when I found out that Affinity Designer warned me that the document will be lost after "closing" it.

That's not very intuitive and I assume it has to do with the way Affinity Designer handles files on the iPad, which is not the way we all are used to from other apps and desktop applications.

Maybe there is a better solution that is more intuitive and self-explanatory.

I think it’s an iOS thing. If you close the file without having previously saved it, then the file is closed and effectively deleted. If however, you have previously saved the file, closing it simply removes it from the apps sandboxed storage. The file is still available in the saved location I.e not deleted.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.1 Affinity Photo 1.6.11.85 Affinity Design 1.6.4.45

Discussed here:

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)