You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

As part of my project I want to make those brown dribbles in the screenshot look more like oil running down the screen, currently it just looks like drops, how can I make it look like more of a singular mass? As shown in the other photo I've attached, I know what I want to do but not how to do it, thanks!

Capture.PNG

26068556-green-gooey-slime-dripping-vector-illustration-.jpg

Dylan SJ Perez

If I need shapes like this, I create a rough outline with the pen tool and then smooth that selection to get the curves right. 

Here's a quick and dirty example:

I used the polygon option to create a rough shape, made a selection out of it and then simply used the smooth selection option.For this sort of shapes I find this quickest. You could also use the pen tool and create the whole shape manually but that's too work-intense for me personally. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.45.27.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.45.40.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.46.09.png

11 hours ago, JohnCa said:

If I need shapes like this, I create a rough outline with the pen tool and then smooth that selection to get the curves right. 

Here's a quick and dirty example:

I used the polygon option to create a rough shape, made a selection out of it and then simply used the smooth selection option.For this sort of shapes I find this quickest. You could also use the pen tool and create the whole shape manually but that's too work-intense for me personally. 

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.45.27.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.45.40.png

Screen Shot 2018-03-31 at 09.46.09.png

That would've saved me a very very long time, I used curves and the vector brush to do it in the end, this seems much faster and less cluttered too, I feel stupid asking, but where's the smooth selection tool?

This is my result with my method, I'm still pretty happy with it:

Capture.PNG

Dylan SJ Perez

"I feel stupid asking, but where's the smooth selection tool?"

The 'smooth" tool/option can be found in the "select" window (top of the screen). Click on that, then select "smooth."

dddd.JPG

Some scientists claim that hydrogen, because it is so plentiful, is the basic building block of the universe. I dispute that. I say there is more stupidity than hydrogen, and that is the basic building block of the universe.

These are not my own words but I sure like this quote.