StuartPearson

Importing LUT from Luma Fusion on IPad causes crash

File format exported by LFusion appears incorrect. LF exports a .lutpreset file. Affinity Photo requires a .cube file format.

If you check out the Resources thread you will find a link to download the HALDCLUT pack which contains many great LUT files in .cube format.

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

I’m not sure if I can legally supply the LUT used in the video as it’s part of the Luma Fusion app, however if I try to open any file other than the recognised LUT files, it will crash. It obviously doesn’t expect to try loading a .png file a LUT for example but doesn’t handle it gracefully with an error message if you try it and exits the app.

14 hours ago, Chris B said:

StuartPearson,

Could you attach the LUT please? We shouldn't just crash if we don't support something. 

Luma Fusion has a Share LUT function as such I can't see a problem with sharing a LUT between my LF app and AP. As Stuart posted, these 'shared' LUT's result in AP crashing (back to springboard on the iPad).

I am attaching a copy of one of the shared LUTs crashing my iPad. I suspect(as posted above) that the crash results because the LUT from LF is really just a preset 'setting for the original LUT application and adjustment. AP should probably instead respond with a message stating incompatible file (rather than crashing). :)

test lut effect.effectpreset

IPad Pro 10.5/512GB iOS 12.4. Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 Affinity Design 1.7.2.6 Publisher for iPad ?

The desktop versions of the app do not recognise the .effectpreset so I'm not sure if dev will just want to remove it completely or fix it. I'll pass it on. Thanks for sharing the file DM1.