You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, I'm using Affinity Designer and Affinity Photo at my MacBook. I want to print a detail section of my paper in Affinity Designer. I noticed, that my origin print menu ist missing! As I open:  "Menu" - "Print", then open up my Mac only grey simple print options of Mac to choose printer, paper size, paper orientation and so on. There is no longer the black menu for detailed print options of Affinity Designer with adjustments of "Full Paper" or "Section of paper" or "print without backgound" or "resolution" and so on. (sorry to my bad translation, I don't no the english words. hope you know what I mean.)

Recently, I updated to High Sierra. Is there any correlation?

Can you help me how to get the black detailed print options of Affinity Desiger back?

RegardsAnit

print.jpg

Have you installed your printer drivers or did you let Mac find the printer?

Why not scale the artwork up and move the artwork until you see the detail section you want and print like that, once printed scale it back down.

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Not scaled up but fitted to page.

5abccab57a94a_ScreenShot2018-03-29at12_14_32.png.42c635c07602fbb66d6205039e6cef6f.png

Scaled up and fitted to page.

5abccab47a13c_ScreenShot2018-03-29at12_14_08.png.32a235f45fdeb70ea93b08cf36923c66.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

The Print dialogue that Affinity apps use are based on the macOS print options and don't have a lot of printing options. When you refer to the 'black detailed print options' are you perhaps thinking of the Export window instead (File > Export)?

oh yes, Thank you Firstdefence to you answers, I think Lee D is right, I exported my detail section to PDF or PNG and then I print it. The export-options are the black box I was missing. I mixed it up!! :-) Thank you to you both!!