You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there, I am trying to convert a square shaped border image that has text incorporated into the border onto a cd, turning it into a circular shape...when I had Adobe PS, this was an easy task that took me seconds...but this time,  I have spent hours trying to find a solution and have a deadline to meet and am refusing to pay an extortionate monthly fee just to use Photoshop just for this. I have exhausted my trial offers too.

I have only been using Affinity Design for about two months and have scoured the net for tutorials and haven't found any help in the forums here either...does anyone have any suggestions please?

I have included past work demonstrating what it should look like as well as the image I need help with, the client wanted it in black but the printers didn't like it so have had to rework everything and invert the lot...which was a lot of hard work I'd rather not do again, although that's looking like its all I can do.

Thanks in advance!

OUTER FRONT COVER-CV CD-NEW-PSD-improved.pdf

Creative Visualisation COMPACT DISC2.jpg

The original black artwork is from a cassette from the eighties, which I needed to use to turn into a CD cover which is obviously a different size and the font isn't supported anymore so when the printer said that black was too heavy, I needed to invert the image to white...but as it wasn't pure black with loads of flecks when I inverted it, it also didn't convert into pure white either and the fleck and textures of the paper also all showed up so I had to improvise to create the opposite effect and I also had to mask shapes over the letters to make them into images so I could still use the font...but I'm not concerned with all the layers since the result is the same....its the warping and distortion technique I am after please?? I just want to know for future reference since I have just done the same process with the old black cd as shown above as I needed to go to print this afternoon.

Thank you

There is no distortion or warp tool in designer, photo has tools and filters for this. But it is pixel based

intel core i5,  16GB 128Gb ssd win10 Pro Huion new 1060plus.

philips 272p 2560x1440px on intel HD2500 onboard graphics

Razer Tartarus Chroma

Just had a play about and ended up with this: Matthew Manning.afdesign no distortions just drawn effects.

5abc02294dadd_ScreenShot2018-03-28at21_58_37.png.c977526189dba8c718f2a875588e03fe.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

You're more than welcome to use it if it will help you. Here is another version of the file with the history saved so you should be able to scroll back using the History Panel to see what I did, well thats the plan lol! 

A lot of it was just traced, but a lot of the work was centred around the square. The square was created as a square and then converted to a curve, I set the fill to none and added a 6.5mm stroke, I used the Node Tool (A on the keyboard) to distort the sides. 

If you turn on Show Guides it will show you the guides I used, using guides helps a lot with this sort of thing.

Matthew Manning + History.afdesign

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

You're welcome. B|