You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Adding the same effects to multiple images

I'm shooting landscape and macro images with a Nikon D850.

It has Focus Shift shooting built in which means it can focus on the nearest object I point at, then produce multiple images focusing at differtent distances up to infinity. Sometimes 20-30 images.

I would like to process the first image (sky colour,/density - crop etc.) then copy these settings to the other images. These images are RAW images.

I know this can be done in Abobe Lightroom but I'm looking for another piece of software to do this.

I also know that Affinity Photo has "New Focus Merge" fuction built in but need all the images processed first before using this function.

Any ideas :)

Try to process the first image the way you intend in the Develop Persona (RAW mode) and make/define a preset of your defined settings (see also here). Then (re)apply that preset to the other RAW images of that series. - Note however that I'm not sure if the WB settings are actually correctly stored for reuse in RAW presets, maybe you have to reapply these manually then for the other RAW images.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

Thanks v_kyr
Iv'e tried that and it seems like the saved preset doesn't work well in the develop persona.
When I load up a RAW file into the develop persona the saved preset is already selected (but not applied) ??

It seems like you have to save a preset for each tab?
Also you can't save any crop settings or brush overlay edits.

Does anybody know of an app (free or paid for) other than lightroom that can edit RAW images and apply the edits (including crops) to multiple images?

• Staff

Hi Stuart_James,

Unfortunately our macro feature does not extend into the develop persona, however it has been requested previously here.
As it stands, the presets are saved on a tab basis but I'd certainly recommend adding a feature request to cover all tabs with one global preset.

17 minutes ago, Stuart_James said:

When I load up a RAW file into the develop persona the saved preset is already selected (but not applied) ??

This is a known bug which has been logged by our QA team, I'll bump the thread for our developers with this report.

If you are referring to the Overlay paint tool in develop, unfortunately this can't be saved as the macro panel is only active in Photo Persona.
However you can add crop presets in the Develop persona, if you select the crop tool then you have a drop down 'Mode' menu on the context toolbar. Here you can add a preset but these presets do have to be applied manually.
Other than Lightroom I don't personally know of any, apologies!

Please note -

I am currently out of the office for a short while whilst recovering from surgery (nothing serious!), therefore will not be available on the Forums during this time.

Should you require a response from the team in a thread I have previously replied in - please Create a New Thread and our team will be sure to reply as soon as possible.

Many thanks!

6 hours ago, Stuart_James said:

Does anybody know of an app (free or paid for) other than lightroom that can edit RAW images and apply the edits (including crops) to multiple images?

Try Nikons own Capture NX-D in batch processing.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan

In terms of what? UI is a little bit confusing, batch processing should be more or less similar to what other tools offer. - Resulting image quality when processing raw files should be among the pack of the best for Nikon NEFs, at least when individually processed.

• 2 weeks later...
On 31/03/2018 at 11:19 AM, v_kyr said:

In terms of what? UI is a little bit confusing, batch processing should be more or less similar to what other tools offer. - Resulting image quality when processing raw files should be among the pack of the best for Nikon NEFs, at least when individually processed.

It was the UI I was initially talking about. I'm now getting to grips with the app though and it seems to work well.

The speed though is terrible, constant wait for the image to render even though I'm using a IMac 3.4 GHz Intel Core i7 with 16GB of memory.

Probably because the D850 RAW files are 50MB

I will use this app (but only when i have a large amount of time free) :)