You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Aligning text boxes and moving text up to the beginning of the text box

HI, I am new to Affinity Illustrator and having looked at the posts re help and many tutorials I am at my whits end....(a) I am having difficulty aligning a series of 3 or 4 text boxes down the page I have created. I have used the snapping tool but wish for there to be a red line that pulls all the boxes into line or keeps showing whilst I move them (b) I have same font and same size showing but the text looks much smaller than another box and the space between the lines are different but I cant see how to change it (c) also the text seems to be in a different black from another text in a box again I cant see how as the size and font are the same and its not in bold or italics (d) I have speech marks at the beginning of a sentence /quote and this seems to not allow me to move the text to only being one space away from the edge of the start of the text box (e) how do I tab in some text so it isn't at the beginning of a left justified text box. Many thanks for your thoughts and suggestions - they will be much appreciated

Hi,

• (a) try the alignment tool panel, select the text boxes and align them with that horizontal/vertical to the related first text box selection etc. to your needs.
  • (b) on selected text boxes take a look at the top character- and paragraph panels, check and compare the settings there and adjust them equally accordingly for all.
  • (c) also compare the color settings for each text box, maybe they are not exactly the same.
  • (d) works for me, you can try then instead to use speech marks from the "Studio -> Glyph browser" and see if that makes a difference for you.
  • (e) try the text paragraph panel and setup tab indents there for reuse.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2