seelenpfluecker

Crash while working with Lightroom

Hi,

yesterday I recognized two complete system crashes while using AP as the photo editor for Lightroom. first I was unable to load the image copy in AP (esp. while AP still was opened in the background) - I had to close AP every time before i wanted to edit an image via LR. 

Hey seelenpfluecker, welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

Are you able to give me a bit more info about your workflow? Perhaps with steps to reproduce a crash (unless it is really random). I've tried doing as you've described above i.e, open an image in Affinity Photo > Open Lightroom > Edit in Affinity Photo (two of the same images are now open in Affinity Photo) and do some edits, save it back so the edit is now in Lightroom.

I use Lightroom quite a bit and can't say I've experienced a crash so there might be something specific to how you're approaching things.

Sorry for being late :-D

Well, that exactly is my (only) workflow. I save my images to my NAS, import them into Lightroom. For some special actions I use Affinity Photo (mostly the repair tool), save the image an proceed developing the photograph in LR.

When LR is opened an I  want to edit the image in AP, LR says "image could be blabla", but it is working well. If I leave AP open and try to edit the next image loaded in LR by loading it into AP, the system crashes.

Well... I hope for a Serif solution to kick LR :-D

Perhaps the NAS is the issue. Would you be able to try your workflow but using images from a local disk instead of the NAS, just as a test. If you get the crash again whilst working with the NAS, can you attach the crash report?