You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I'm hoping to replace InDesign as I lost my CD's and dont want to buy the cloud version since I dont use it often enough to justify the monthly cost, but I need to erase my drive completely and start over as my computer is running really slow and apple support has reached a point where there isnt really any other option to get my performance where it should be.

I just need to know how to do really simply things that are easy to do in InDesign, IE create a document with bleed and crop marks, add lines/shapes, align objects, crop in on images, etc. I opened Designer and was at a loss as I don't see many of the tools I use regularly in InDesign (though there seem to be a ton of tools that I would find useful if I were actually a designer, lol, but I dont know how to use). Is there a tutorial that can get me started with just these really simple things? I did see the tutorial videos but not sure what to search for getting me started with really simple stuff.

I have a feeling that Affinity Publisher would be a better option for me, however, it isnt out yet.

Attached some examples of things I would like to be able to make.

7-in About Reign.pdf

flicker3-31-8.5x11 handbills.pdf

5-23 Terrapin Foundry Moonshine Hog-Eyed Man.pdf

Hi,

well a quick look at your supplied PDFs showed nothing I would really need APublisher for, meaning those things there shown can be all done with ADesigner so far. - For the tutorials, don't know if you looked here on this threads list after those ...

... but usually their category namings and titles there should be pretty much self explanatory what to expect to see and learn from each of those videos. Thus I suggest you really start at Getting Started and then move on to see how to get an idea about other certain things of your interest for working in/with ADesigner.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2