You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How to turn off anti-aliasing for text??

Hello all,

I just recently bought Affinity Photo on both Mac OS and iPad. So far I'm loving what I see :)

However, having been a past Photoshop user, I'm a little stumped on how I can avoid having the program automatically font smoothing/anti-aliasing my text. In Photoshop when you made a new text block, it would easily allow you the option to change the aliasing/font smoothing in a drop down menu. This feature in Photoshop was especially useful when working with pixel art fonts like say the 04.jp.org font family. How can I turn off the anti-aliasing in Affinity Photo? I had done some searching in Google and here for a while. The most results I found was people saying you need to play with the Blend Options > Coverage Map. I honestly tried fiddling with those lined curve and notches.. dragging that line in the box to all kinds of weird combinations.. but I cannot for the life of me completely make pixel perfect font clarity without the anti-aliasing... So clearly I must still be doing something wrong.. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 8.58.54 AM.jpg