You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Artboards Copy/Clone -ADesigner Desktop

Hello Everyone

i'm a bit stuck in Designer and want to know how to copy/clone artboards with all their content.

my case:

i've designed an FB Photo profile for a client but now his entire team want the same for their profile with their photo on it, so i can create new artboards from selection or document but they start empty of previous content and i have to manually copy paste (the copy paste in place is wonderfully working in ADesign and i like it) which makes the job really fastidious and time consuming.

Would be nice if we could copy/clone the previous artboard with all it's content, size etc... then just makes changes from there.

Please feel free to share your method because i'm lost

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

• Staff

Hi Arnaud Mez :)

If you select your artboard in the layers panel and use CMD/CTRL + J to duplicate the artboard, this will copy the artboard and all of it's contents. Do note this creates the artboard in the same location as the original and will need transforming away to it's own space in the document.

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

6 minutes ago, Dan C said:

Hi Arnaud Mez :)

If you select your artboard in the layers panel and use CMD/CTRL + J to duplicate the artboard, this will copy the artboard and all of it's contents. Do note this creates the artboard in the same location as the original and will need transforming away to it's own space in the document.

Hello Dan C

Thank you so much for so quick reply.

Will do that in about an hour when i come back to my desk.

Would be really good if we had possibility to do the same thing directly from the insert artboard button by just checking a box or switching ON a certains function.

Would be very helpful and drop down the level of stress and number of button pressing (to send commands) and help us stay focused on making the thing much better and beautiful.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Please Do !

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

10 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Would be really good if we had possibility to do the same thing directly from the insert artboard button by just checking a box or switching ON a certains function.

Select Artboard (on layers panel) and:

- Drag Artboard in canvas area + Ctrl,

- Ctrl + C, Ctrl + V,

- Menu Edit > Copy/Paste,

- right click on Artboard in canvas area, popup Copy/Paste,

- right click on Artboard in layers panel, popup Copy/Paste.

Affinity Store (MSI/EXE): Affinity Suite (ADe, APh, APu) 2.4.0.2301
Dell OptiPlex 7060, i5-8500 3.00 GHz, 16 GB, Intel UHD Graphics 630, Dell P2417H 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Dell Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080, Windows 11 Pro, Version 23H2, Build 22631.3155.
Intel NUC5PGYH, Pentium N3700 2.40 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics, EIZO EV2456 1920 x 1200, Windows 10 Pro, Version 21H1, Build 19043.2130.

1 hour ago, reminous said:

You could also move the intire Artboard to the Assets panel and then export the Assets to the cloud. The whole team can now import the asset and use it in their projects easily...  

Who will... Will try that one when I'm back working. 

Never thought about the assets panel. 

Thank you reminous 

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF