Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm not yet an Affinity user but I just updated my OS to High Sierra. Unfortunately High Sierra + Nik + Photoshop don't seem to like each other. Nik Software crashes Photoshop. There's a workaround if you only edit one photo at a time but no workaround if you batch edit using an action. Pretty much ALL my images are edited with Nik and it's impossible to do them one by one due to the bulk of images. I'm interested in knowing whether Affinity works ok with Nik Software and the High Sierra OS. Any help is greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi amorphia,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Nik Collection does work in Affinity Photo on High Sierra, however currently you can't record macros that use plugins, so you will end up with the same problem regarding processing several photos at once. Currently we also don't pass the colour profile info the the plugins so the previews may not look like exactly the image you have in Affinity if you are using wide colour profiles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

When I updated Mac to High sierra, the NIK Collection plugin shows the  window to either Buy or demo stating you now only have 15 days remaining of free trail. Trust NIK collection is free, then why this window pops up. When I click on demo and the plugin say HDR effects, the image does not load up. When I click on  Buy, it takes me to  a web page but says Opps the link is broken and cannot reach to  to the page you are looking for.

 

How to resolve this issue and get NIK collection working in Affinity on a Mac running on High Sierra plz.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Ajay said:

Hi

When I updated Mac to High sierra, the NIK Collection plugin shows the  window to either Buy or demo stating you now only have 15 days remaining of free trail. Trust NIK collection is free, then why this window pops up. When I click on demo and the plugin say HDR effects, the image does not load up. When I click on  Buy, it takes me to  a web page but says Opps the link is broken and cannot reach to  to the page you are looking for.

 

How to resolve this issue and get NIK collection working in Affinity on a Mac running on High Sierra plz.

 

https://www.dam-photo.com/install-nik-collection-plugins-affinity-photo/

 


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Ajay,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Go to menu Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences, Photoshop Plugins section, press the Authorise Global button on the bottom right of the window then Authorise button again from the dialog that will open (don't change the path or anything). Restart Affinity Photo and it should then work properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't think that Nik HDR has ever worked with Affinity. It uses a different interface since it has to load several images.

 

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I don't think that Nik HDR has ever worked with Affinity. It uses a different interface since it has to load several images.

 

John

Do you mean HDR Efex Pro 2?

 

Works in mine, in fact all of the NIK plugins work fine


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, firstdefence said:

Do you mean HDR Efex Pro 2?

 

Works in mine, in fact all of the NIK plugins work fine

Yes, I do mean HDR Efex Pro. Since this requires several input files, how do you load them via the Affinity interface? All the other Nik plug-ins work for me, although I may have to rasterize a layer to get it to do so.

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Yes, I do mean HDR Efex Pro. Since this requires several input files, how do you load them via the Affinity interface? All the other Nik plug-ins work for me, although I may have to rasterize a layer to get it to do so.

John

I use File > New HDR Merge... from the affinity menu because that is effectively what HDR Efex is doing in Photoshop, same process slightly different method, so I don't really see much difference in the process, starting HDR Efex after that is the same as Photoshop.


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, firstdefence said:

I use File > New HDR Merge... from the affinity menu because that is effectively what HDR Efex is doing in Photoshop, same process slightly different method, so I don't really see much difference in the process, starting HDR Efex after that is the same as Photoshop.

So, are you saying that you don't actually use HDR Efex Pro, you use Affinity's HDR Merge?

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

So, are you saying that you don't actually use HDR Efex Pro, you use Affinity's HDR Merge?

John

I use HDR Efex pro in combination with HDR Merge


iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - FeedbackInstagram & Flickr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi John Rostron,

HDR Efex Pro 2 runs in Affinity Photo but can only be applied to a single image (layer). There’s no interface to access the Image Selection Dialog ( similar to *File > Automate > Merge to HDR Efex Pro 2…* in Photoshop) or to the Nik Selective Tool to load a set of bracketed images.

Yes, that is what I thought.

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, John Rostron said:

I don't think that Nik HDR has ever worked with Affinity. It uses a different interface since it has to load several images.

You probably already know this but you can use the stand alone HDR Efex Pro 2.app (which should have been installed if you added an extra host application during the install process) to open multiple files for HDR processing.


Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, R C-R said:

You probably already know this but you can use the stand alone HDR Efex Pro 2.app (which should have been installed if you added an extra host application during the install process) to open multiple files for HDR processing.

Yes, I have tried this once, but I recall I had a devil of a job getting the target files into the program, after which it worked fine. I have, since then, use Affinity HDR or Photomatix.

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, firstdefence said:

I use HDR Efex pro in combination with HDR Merge

Could you please describe your workflow to do that.

John


Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.7 and Designer 1.7, (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, John Rostron said:

Yes, I have tried this once, but I recall I had a devil of a job getting the target files into the program, after which it worked fine.

Hmmm. On my Mac, it is as simple as using the File > Open menu item & selecting multiple files.


Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

These are the Terms of Use you will be asked to agree to if you join the forum. | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.