How do I simply see what file type I’m working with? I import a raw image from Lightroom mobile. I want to make sure it’s not importing a jpeg copy but the original raw file. Should be very easy in the metadata but it’s not there.

Hi Jdphotopdx,

Welcome to the forums!
I have tested this using Lightroom mobile 'Edit in' and 'Open in' functionality and it appears as though Lightroom mobile exports a JPEG to Affinity Photo (or any other application) along with the exif info and does not open the original RAW file. If you have a copy of Lightroom on desktop then you can change the external editing settings within preferences to TIFF, PSD or JPEG meaning you can transfer files from Lightroom to AP.

May I ask why you are not opening the RAW file directly in Affinity Photo? Are you using the iPad or desktop version of AP? The easiest way of knowing if you have opened a RAW, is that AP will automatically begin in 'Develop Persona' and will detail the image as a RAW on the context toolbar.
e41efebfd20151387941f9cc252feec1.png

1 hour ago, Jdphotopdx said:

This is on an iPad. I use Lightroom mobile and want to do deeper edits with affinity.

There's a separate Questions forum for iPad questions, here, which will help avoid confusion :)

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.464 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.4464 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.2.458 Beta

Hi Jdphotopdx,

All RAW files open in Develop Persona which has a different interface/studios available for usual RAW development - starting from Basic, Lens, Details etc (from top to bottom on the right of the interface) - compared to Photo Persona where all processed files (JPG, PNG, TIFF etc) open by default (the studios available here are: Layer, Colours, Brushes etc, again from top to bottom on the right).  Another easy way to spot it is looking at the top of the interface: when you open a RAW, a small RAW icon/label appears on top along with the Camera model plus Lens used (between parenthesis) followed by the settings (ISO, Aperture etc).

Note: Thread moved to the iPad Questions section.