You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Get camera presets on raw image

Hello everyone, I’m a beginner photographer and I got some problems using this app.

I transferred my raw photos taken on my old trusty 6D to my iPad Pro (iOS 11) and the original iPad photo app is showing a huge difference compared to the imported image in Affinity photo. I think the problem is because I set my camera to increase sharpness & saturation however the raw file didn’t reveal those modifications done by my camera. I have tried to adjust HSL, Curve, exposure and so many things but I just can’t get the color right. I really want that color, that feeling shown in my camera as well as in the origional iPad photo app. Is there any solution such as adding the preset or something? Thank you so much for the help!

As seen below, the raw image is so fade out because of the exposure issue. After adjustment I can get some pinkish color but definitely not this darken red color.

B7A971A3-F16F-4B98-99D2-F251AA3A92AF.thumb.jpeg.0992cb26e7385a533a9d22ffeaada733.jpeg

B23D3064-2DA3-4595-8B70-FF20DC5738EC.thumb.jpeg.f248741c8d015b47a15d2e1777e84b4b.jpeg

One method is to make a selection around the smoke, duplicate (to keep original), add a brightness/constrast filter.  Drag the filter layer onto the smoke 'selection' layer to create a mask. Now only the smoke is effected by the b/c filter. Use a brush and paint black around mask to remove any overly contrasted area. 

Results, first with 1 brightness constrast layer and next with 2 brightness contrast layers. Use a large brush with low hardness and flow to soften the effect by painting black on the mask.

C688A02D-E30D-4F02-9DF5-C8EA62F9D79E.jpeg

28494834-8EFA-496A-B808-DBBDE8115F34.jpeg

M1 IPad Air 10.9/256GB   lpadOS 17.1.1 Apple Pencil (2nd gen).
Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Affinity Design 1.10.5 
Affinity Publisher 2, Affinity Designer 2, Affinity Photo 2 and betas.

Official Online iPad Help documents (multi-lingual) here: https://affinity.https://affinity.help/ 

• Staff

Hi CoffeeCream,

Welcome to the forum.

Affinity would load the Raw file, not the embedded Jpeg, therefore you might see some slight changes. Your raw photo is missing some levels adjustments by the looks of it. Can you please attach the RAW file so we can have a look?

Capture.PNG.5d69fc1edfee1b8cc4be7e60519c74d0.PNG