Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hi.  Many thanks for these, very useful!

 

Just one comment: although they can be easily added to the AD Assets panel, they are effectively invisible, i.e. they cannot be seen in the panel.  Hovering the mouse over where one would expect each one to be creates a blue square (but no visible indication of which actual grid is chosen).

 

Asset panel ("default" view):

 

 

 

And when mouse hovers:

 

 

 

Or am I missing something obvious?  Very likely.

 

Jeff

 

 

 

 

 

ScreenShot00402.jpg

ScreenShot00401.jpg


Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

 

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, emmrecs01 said:

Hi.  Many thanks for these, very useful!

 

Just one comment: although they can be easily added to the AD Assets panel, they are effectively invisible, i.e. they cannot be seen in the panel.  Hovering the mouse over where one would expect each one to be creates a blue square (but no visible indication of which actual grid is chosen).

 

Asset panel ("default" view):

 

 

 

And when mouse hovers:

 

 

 

Or am I missing something obvious?  Very likely.

 

Jeff

 

 

 

 

 

ScreenShot00402.jpg

ScreenShot00401.jpg

 

That's right. All nets were on a 100x100mm scale so they were not visible in the resource docker window.
I reduced it to 10x10 mm. It's ok now. I also added two new grids: Designia_Perspective_Grid.afassets

regards

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Designia

 

Thank you for the update!  All grids now visible in the Assets panel.

 

Jeff


Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, AMD Radeon R7 360 and Intel HD530 Graphics

 

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quite useful. Thanks for sharing.

 

Note: it looks like one of them needs to be renamed into Descending Grid 5x5 (which can be done by right-clicking and selecting Rename Asset...).


Affinity Photo/Affinity Designer | macOS 10.14 Mojave | MBP13 2013

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RNKLN said:

Quite useful. Thanks for sharing.

 

Note: it looks like one of them needs to be renamed into Descending Grid 5x5 (which can be done by right-clicking and selecting Rename Asset...).

Thanks! Corrected :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/10/2018 at 2:12 PM, evtonic3 said:

Is there a trick to getting new objects created to snap to your grid?

I have snapping turned on and snap to grid selected. It snaps for me.


AMD A12-9700P Radeon R7

10 Compute Cores 4C + 6G

12 GB Ram,  AMD R7 Graphics

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/4/2018 at 9:12 PM, evtonic3 said:

Is there a trick to getting new objects created to snap to your grid?

It works perfectly when you turn on; 'Snap to object geometry' in the snapping menu! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, RemN said:

It works perfectly when you turn on; 'Snap to object geometry' in the snapping menu! 

Thanks, I got it to work as advertised, but I'd like to keep my artwork on top of the grids and still be able to snap like it does when I'm in the grid's group. I'd like to know the setup for this, please.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, evtonic3 said:

Thanks, I got it to work as advertised, but I'd like to keep my artwork on top of the grids and still be able to snap like it does when I'm in the grid's group. I'd like to know the setup for this, please.

 

Just put your objects above the grid/s group... the grid will only be visible when you hover over the grid

Overview .. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×