You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Integration with Fusion and Resolve

I've watch a bunch of Adobe alternatives on YouTube and read the comment section. There is many people who use software from Affinity and Blackmagic Design. 

Affinity Photo - Photoshop 

Affinity Designer - Illustrator 

DaVinci Resolve - Premiere 

Fusion - After Effects

After seeing that, I thought "wouldn't

it be great if they collaborate and make some special integration?" And so, here I am, requesting it in Affinity Forum. With this kind of integration, more people will flock to your software and Bmd software. Beneficial to both companies. 

• 4 weeks later...

@Fatih19 would be great if Serif could allow export to compatible extension that works with Fusion. 

I have downloaded Davinci 15 Free Edition for a test and will see if it does the job I want for text animation and products trailers.

Will also download Fusion 9 and see i can get the best of this one too, should be able to find a way to animate Designs made with AD with one or another and get good result.

Edited by Arnaud Mez
Needed to add more details

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

4 hours ago, Arnaud Mez said:

Will also download Fusion 9 and see i can get the best of this one too, should be able to find a way to animate Designs made with AD with one or another and get good result.

DaVinci 15 includes the full version of Fusion so need to download and install both.

2 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

DaVinci 15 includes the full version of Fusion so need to download and install both.

DaVinci 15 doesn't load on my Mac, so i just downloaded Fusion 9 Free and started playing with.
Later i will se how to import SVG or PSD created with AD or AP and see how to animate them.
Nodes are different than layers so it may take me a lot of time to figure it out and get the best ut of it.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

5 hours ago, InfoCentral said:

It does not include the full version. 

Resolve 15 will not include the entire feature set of Fusion. Rather, as Dan put it, Fusion will contain a superset of Resolve 15 Fusion functionality. Fusion, then, will continue as a standalone product both in its paid and free versions. 

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

Thanks guys but I will take it off here as I still have to learn how to animate designs created with  products. 

The day Fusion will support JSON created with Affinity is the day things will shine

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Warning: conclusions based on minimal testing.

• Fusion is better for motion graphics and video effects (a powerful particle system, for starters)
  • Synfig Studio is better for character animation (character as in perople/animals/anthropomorphic objects, not fonts/letters).
    • SVG import (possibly not all SVG files), PNG import, PSD but no support for layers.
    • (Moho [Anime Studio] or Toon Boom Harmony are more polished, but a little expensive for the hobbyist animator
  • DragonBones seems like a good character rigging system for feeding into a game system or game programming. No real lipsync capability, not great for animating multiple characters together.
    • haven't really looked at it

Guys !

Thanks a lot, you are of a great help.

in the same time i was thinking if one of these days, Graphic Design tools will become Nodal or stay with Layers.

Just asking myself in order to know if i have to prepare myself for knowledges and skill upgrade.

in past days it was the same into the Network and IT world (i worked as IT Tech for 12 years) and the announcement then the coming of IPV6 was such an utopia to many i know a lot of IT who never converted or upgraded their technical to understand this concept who actually can't be promoted or even work in structured environment.

So my question: Should we prepare for Nodes oriented graphic design tools to surface and take the lead or become the new way of working in Graphic Design ?

or maybe i'm just a big dreamer  and nothing like that will never come to life.

---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF

Most 2D animation software use layers (i.e. Moho, Synfig Studio, CrazyTalk Animator) but a few do use nodes (i.e. OpenToonz, ToonBoom).

Of course this thread is about Fusion and Resolve which are both node based with After Effects and Hit Film layer based.

Almost all 3D software is either node based or heading that way. For instance Modo started out layer based but added nodes several versions ago. So you can pick which way you want to work, nodes or layers.