You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Cosmic Entity [Illustration]

Mithferion

Hi there!

Hope you are having a great weekend. Wanted to share with you this illustration I made today: it's a "Cosmic Entity", in the style of some you can find in Marvel's and DC's comics. It was made entirely in Affinity Photo, using the default brushes plus some made by @Frankentoon.

Any feedback is appreciated!

Celestial_Matt.png

Best regards!

I came up with this line for the character [hidden message there... :ph34r:]. Oh, and the illustration took me around 5 hours, more or less. ^_^

Celestial_Matt.png

Best regards!

Substantial part of the process was trying this technique to make the drawing (steps 2, to 3), which, by itself, is slow and kind of akward but the result is attractive, if you ask me. Matt Timson is a great artist so this was a learning experiencie.

I also hope to see more stuff like this made in Affinity. :)

P. D.: Look at the initial letter of each word and the read the message in the bubble.

41 minutes ago, isocult said:

I was just reading on NASA's site where they admit there are portals surrounding earth. Guys like this one perhaps pop in and out of those :D Nice work!

If he suddenly appears, let's hope he's a friendly one. :o

Best regards!

I

On 3/25/2018 at 2:25 PM, Mithferion said:

I came up with this line for the character [hidden message there... :ph34r:]. Oh, and the illustration took me around 5 hours, more or less. ^_^

Celestial_Matt.png

Best regards!

Hidden message, hmm...wouldn't be Affinity Designer Or Becoming Expensive, by any chance?

ADOBE!

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

The 'abnormality' is Affinity, obviously, hehe... In the mind of the titan.... I hadn't noticed the initials...

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Thanks for your comments. :)

11 hours ago, SrPx said:

The 'abnormality' is Affinity, obviously, hehe

Of course it is. :P

Best regards!

• 2 months later...