You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hey guys,

I get this bug from time to time, can't really be sure what it's related too, and I can't really reproduce it on purpose. Basically, at some point, all (sometimes not all) the thumbnails that should appear in the LAYERS panel are gone, like the layers/groups are empty. I added 2 screenshots.

layer-bug-affinity-2.jpg

layer-bug-affinity.jpg

I never experienced it in Affinity Designer myself. However, I name every layer because I find it easier to locate objects. I have to admit, it is extra work, but I find it worthwhile. This surely pays off later when you need to find an object again among hundreds of others.

Edit :

Forgot to mention, I am using Affinity Designer 1.6.4.104 for Windows

Edited by Bad_Wolf
Add information

Yeah, but the thumb not showing in the layers panel is still extremely helpful, even when naming the actual layer. It's such a shame that this bug exists, it's driving me insane. I am using the same version of Affinity on Windows too. Windows 7. Maybe it's time to move to Windows 10.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.