Alfred

Outline layer effect opacity

In the desktop version of Affinity Designer, when you apply an ‘Outline’ layer effect with a gradient fill you have full control over the opacity of that fill. I can’t see a way to vary the opacity of the ‘Outline’ fill in Affinity Photo for iPad. Is it possible, and if so, how?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

Hi Alfred, not sure if this is what you are referring to but, the Fx studio has an Outline feature. The object fill opacity can be adjusted with the main menu setting and the outline opacity can be adjusted within the context menu 'opacity ' setting.

C498EAAD-9978-49B8-975C-F9BDA8D650E5.jpeg

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?

Thanks for replying, @DM1, but what I’m trying to do is this. I can’t see how to achieve the last part of step 3.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.3.1 (iPad Air 2)

On 25/03/2018 at 9:53 PM, DWright said:

Is this the effect that you are wanting to achieve

Thanks for trying, Darren, but you seem to have created a gradient which is solid black at one end and solid white at the other. It needs to be 100% opaque at the inside edge and 0% opaque (i.e. fully transparent) at the outside edge.

Alfred online2long.gif

Would be nice to be able to select a point on the gradient line and adjust opacity at that point. As it is the opacity control is disabled until the gradient line is closed, at which point the opacity control is enabled but it effects the whole gradient.

I can't see a way to achieve what you want to do.

IPad Pro 10.5 512GB iOS 12.3.1 Affinity Photo 1.7.2.146 Affinity Design 1.7.1.1 Publisher for iPad ?