You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is it possible to turn off anti-aliasing when exporting images in Designer?

Have you tried changing the resampled to Lanzos 3

Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 09.40.00.png

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• 4 weeks later...

How do I get to show 1 pixel as a really huge block?

Setting DPI even to 1 in the Document Setup didn't achieve what I'm looking for. Working with a smaller Document size kind of helps but even with the above coverage map settings I still get a slight undesired anti-alias, maybe due to the export format (PNG 24)

You guys at Affinity are simply outstanding!

SaveTheRiver.png

• 1 year later...
On 3/23/2018 at 7:15 AM, MEB said:

Select all the objects you want aliased, click the cog icon in the Layers panel and adjust the Coverage Map as you see fit. See example below (the bottom one has the coverage map adjusted).

Sorry for kinda necro, but...

@MEB That technique does not work with strokes not set to align centre. Either inside or outside result in anti-alias. :(

Noticed this in pixel-view inside the app, and then tested if the export file was affected. It is. (note the .png on the file of the screenshot, with original in another tab).

Possibly a bug?
640623357_Screenshot(2).thumb.png.0214df80e94706a5229e71c25c08b3c3.png

In my case, I am dealing with a single stroke and it's not too complicated to adjust the size of the graphic down to compensate the half offset from centre-alignment. But I think this will be a major inconvenience to workaround on multi-stroke stuff.

• 1 month later...

I dunno if this helps but when using the export function anti-alias does not work, so when saving .gifs or .pngs there is no anti-aliasing, this was a problem for me as I needed it when using images that required transparent backgrounds, thankfully the anti-aliasing works as expected in export persona

This must be a bug but it solves this problem if you want anti-aliasing off quickly. 

Not ideal and may not work for all but maybe worth a try. :D

• 3 years later...