You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Morning all

In that other photo editing program I was able to add a graduated (terminology?) border to an image. ie started from white and gradually darkened to black as in the 1st image below.
I can't seem to be able to do this in Affinity Photo. Is it actually possible? I've searched through a lot of posts on borders and watched countless videos to no avail. I can do a two step border as in the second image. I suppose that I could do more steps but that becomes quite labour intensive.

Is the only real option to create a reusable template like film strips posted by v_kyr ?

Thanks

Nick

Tiger myrtle barons_9363.jpg

Huon qup + border_2268.jpg

You can do it by using an ‘Outline’ layer effect with a Contour fill style, as detailed in the post linked below.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You can try to apply some things from the effects panel, like a custom 3D effect etc., as borders to your images.

effects_3d.jpg

Or place some rect behind which you tweak the way to look at it's boundaries as you want, via gradient flows or whatever.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2