You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am printing out a photo,Putting in the proper pixel sizes on the Photo dialogue box but the photo is missing about 6mms.on left hand side and bottom.The only way that I can avoid this and print out all the photo is to increase the numbers I put into the pixel boxes.Can anyone tell me why this is?Printer is an HP Envy 5020.

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.

Which Photo dialogue box do you mean? - Take a look at your document settings if there are maybe any unwanted margins setup, or if an placed image might not be positioned the way to cover the whole of a setup document size. Also make sure that then in the printing panel the scale appropriately and no down scaling option etc. is setup. - You can also make some screenshots of the dialog boxes and their settings and show them here, so we can take a look at these and hopefully identify what's the cause of the problem.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

9 minutes ago, Vauxhall60 said:

Could you guide how to put a screenshot on the forum please?

I see from your previous posts that you’re a Windows user. You can use the Snipping Tool to capture all or part of the screen and save it to a PNG or JPEG image which you can attach to a post here.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

You're showing a custom paper size that matches the size of your image.

First, is that really the size of your paper? Often the paper is larger than the print, though sometimes (for borderless printing) they may match.

Second, does your printer allow borderless printing? Many printers don't, and require some margin on the paper around the image.

Third, have you clicked on the Properties button to tell your printer what paper size to use? And, if appropriate, to use borderless printing?

-- Walt
Designer, Photo, and Publisher V1 and V2 at latest retail and beta releases
PC:
    Desktop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 64GB memory, AMD Ryzen 9 5900 12-Core @ 3.00 GHz, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 

Laptop:  Windows 11 Pro, version 23H2, 32GB memory, Intel Core i7-10750H @ 2.60GHz, Intel UHD Graphics Comet Lake GT2 and NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU.
iPad:  iPad Pro M1, 12.9": iPadOS 17.4.1, Apple Pencil 2, Magic Keyboard 
Mac:  2023 M2 MacBook Air 15", 16GB memory, macOS Sonoma 14.4.1

The custom on the photo refers to the shortcut I created on my printer, which is size of paper 6x4,borderless,and the paper I am using is 6x4.Also,when I click on properties,I make sure that everything set on custom is showing e.g.paper size is 6x4 in.

Edited by Vauxhall60
Additional information.

Affinity Photo,Windows 10.