Sign in to follow this  
TheCrimsonBird

Image downscaling bug

Hello everybody i have been recently having problems with saving projects.

So i made a banner art which is 3840x2160 and while working on it the resolution was fine.

However when i exported it to Png and Jpeg the resolution scaled down all the way 1632x918 pixels for both image formats and i have no idea why it's happening

I have included screenshot so you can see what i'm talking about.

Hope the issue can be fixed 

Screenshot_64.png

Screenshot_66.png

Screenshot_65.png

Nope the exported file size is correct there, IrfanView there just shows you a zoom level of 43% of your whole image size, look at the bottom of the IrfanView screen to see the whole image size (3840 x 2160 x 24 BPP)  and the actual shown up zoomlevel of just 43% of it in that window. If you tell IrfanView to show 100% you will see probably also on top of it's screen the whole image pixel size.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.7.1 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.7.1 ◆ OSX El Capitan

Well you used the much higher color space with a much wider gamut (ROMM RGB) inside Affinity Photo as an icc profile, but your exported JPGs/PNGs will usually have here a lower color gamut sRGB profile associated. Thus the colors are transformed here into the lower gamut sRGB which can't show up all and as many colors as the ROM RGB color space, so the exported images are shown up to their best possible color matches in sRGB color space (which can't show up every in the wider gamut ROMM RGB colors).

Here you can see the huge differences between some color spaces:

romm-rgb_vs_srgb.thumb.jpg.36a8a45ae0f760b8fdb489da3ef8d26b.jpg

As you can see from the above image, ProPhoto RGB (aka ROMM RGB) has a much higher color gamut and supports much more colors than the sRGB color space. Thus not every color in ROMM RGB can be matched to a corresponding sRGB color in exactly the same looking manner.

What you can try to do is to develop it (your project) also once in sRGB on screen (meaning using sRGB inside Affinity Photo here) and then compare it with your exported JPG/PNG images in sRGB. Then there the colors should match 1:1 and the whole should look pretty much identical.