Hello fellas,

I want to buy Work Books for both Photo and Designer but I'm unable to buy it from my country (Serbia) from Serif's site. Tried Amazon but they are also not shipping these to Serbia. Any other place where I can try?

Also will there be e-book editions coming out at some point? It's kinda silly that in 2018 you don't have e-books. I understand that you want to evade piracy, especially when you charge so little for such amazing and expensive products to make and maintain so you need extra ways of making a profit. But your customers generally (like myself) came from Adobe ecosystem, I bet they have a huge respect for you and what are you providing for a way lower price than competitors so that they wont share your books online for free.

19 minutes ago, vladimirkrstic said:

.....so that they wont share your books online for free

I want to live in your world it sounds very civilised.

You can also try Ebay as the sellers will sometimes ship worldwide

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Affinity-Designer-Workbook/162945690788?epid=228602198&hash=item25f051eca4:g:qVsAAOSwSLtaqTRg#shpCntId

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

19 hours ago, vladimirkrstic said:

Also will there be e-book editions coming out at some point? It's kinda silly that in 2018 you don't have e-books.

e-books are fine for some things but I am not so sure they would be a good fit for the printed content in the Affinity workbooks, particularly where the color accuracy & high image resolution of high quality printed pages are important.

Regarding piracy & sharing, a lot of copyrighted material is included, much of it not owned by Serif/Affinity, so those rights holders also have a say in how it is distributed.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

I log onto the web site and whether I like it or not the local currency is displayed and then come to buy the books only then do I find out they cannot be shipped here. You deliver and sell the software what is the point without the guide which seems absolutely necessary to learn about it and why is this not even available through Apple. I will be making a similar complaint to Apple that the guide is an integral part of the software and without it makes it difficult to use. Perhaps they should withdraw it from their Itunes store and is it really BEYOND the scope of Serif to supply the book even through a local bookshop in an ENGLISH speaking country? Seems so. Stop making excuses and make it available. Expect a post on Apple recommending AGAINST buying the software as Serif cannot even supply the book in any form to support the software.

Amazon USA ONLY have second hand and at prices TWICE the normal price as a consequence. There is also some doubt as to whether they are the latest editions as Serif do not advise the date of publishing nor whether they have any updates. In a digital world Serif seems to be stuck in the past albeit it would be lovely to have the original book but it's impossible. Await my review on Apple posts.

How is the UK open for business?

22 minutes ago, Stephen J Whitworth said:

what is the point without the guide which seems absolutely necessary to learn about it

You do not need the workbooks to learn how the Affinity apps work. The the built-in help system is a good place to start learning about it, as are the ever growing number of official video tutorials. There are also many other video tutorials on YouTube created by users, & free & low cost online video courses of instruction from Udemy & others like this one.

Affinity Photo 1.7.2, Affinity Designer 1.7.2, Affinity Publisher 1.7.2; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.153 & Affinity Designer 1.7.2.6 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

23 minutes ago, Stephen J Whitworth said:

I log onto the web site and whether I like it or not the local currency is displayed and then come to buy the books only then do I find out they cannot be shipped here. You deliver and sell the software what is the point without the guide which seems absolutely necessary to learn about it and why is this not even available through Apple. I will be making a similar complaint to Apple that the guide is an integral part of the software and without it makes it difficult to use. Perhaps they should withdraw it from their Itunes store and is it really BEYOND the scope of Serif to supply the book even through a local bookshop in an ENGLISH speaking country? Seems so. Stop making excuses and make it available. Expect a post on Apple recommending AGAINST buying the software as Serif cannot even supply the book in any form to support the software.

You could try the help files that are included with each application? This is the first place to start learning any application. 

If that doesn’t work for you, why not try some of the official video tutorials? You can find them on the official affinity site. Here is the link: https://affinity.serif.com/

If that doesn’t work for you, try google.

I’ve created some clickable links for you here (just in case you’re having any problems).

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=affinity+designer+tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=affinity+photo+tutorial&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-gb&client=safari

Merry Christmas

I do appreciate those that have replied as above most sincerely. I know that there are a lot of resources out there but when you head over to U Tube it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff frankly. The hard backed books that Serif produces are all official and being a book enables you to sit down of an evening and browse through techniques and examples of how to use both Affinity Photo and Designer. Although the digital book would be an option it is still not my preferred option as I prefer the book. Serif having come up with something quite outstanding it falls down ( literally) on delivery.

4 minutes ago, Stephen J Whitworth said:

The hard backed books that Serif produces are all official and being a book enables you to sit down of an evening and browse through techniques and examples of how to use both Affinity Photo and Designer.

You could do that but they are intended to be used while you are at the computer, working through the projects in the chapters.

Basically, they adopt a "learn by doing" methodology, not unlike you might find in a classroom.

4 hours ago, Stephen J Whitworth said:

but when you head over to U Tube it is hard to separate the wheat from the chaff frankly

I would start with the official tutorials that Serif provides for Affinity Photo and Designer. They're linked at the top of this forum. They're also available via the Help menu for the Affinity apps on Windows (not sure about Mac).

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1903 (18362.239), 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz, GeForce GTX 970
Affinity Photo 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta   / Affinity Designer 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.476 Beta  / Affinity Publisher 1.7.2.471 and 1.7.3.475 Beta