You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Help needed to create photorealistic images in Affinity Designer

Hey there fellow Affiniti´es.. 
So I need help to identify a specific way of drawing/painting...
I´ve been all over youtupe and other sites to find a way to create photorealistic images in Affinity Designer
But so far the closest i´ve got to it, is a cartoonist/manga related style which i don't really dig. 
I would like to create some wonderful "paintings" with lots of color and details... 
and i only have affinity and and very old photoshop. 

In my picture below i have illustrated what my current lv in affinity is (the blue worm, ps don't mind the watermark)... * basically just a lot of gradients and time. 
And what i would like to achieve ( the shine and effects on the blood angle.) 

And due to my "process" i would like to learn to use affinity... but atm my skills in photoshop makes it really hard stay in affinity...
And the time i spend in photoshop is absurd due to corrections of lines, layers and details. and it is here affinity shine+ i would like to save that time.

So does do YOU know of any tutorial or other ways i could learn to use ,to create Photorealistic picture in affinity like the blood angle?? 
any other advices? 

sorry if i seems confused, but i´ve spent a lot of time reseasing this..i have no clue, as to how i can leave the toonish style behind. Besides using brush strokes, which i don't fully understand. And honestly i feel that it would be the same as working in photoshop). 

example.jpg

You might get a better response if you posted your questions in the Questions forum! You would also get a better response if your title was more specific to the problem, possibly "Help needed to create photorealisic images in Affinity Designer" (or Photo if appropriate).

Sorry, but I cannot be of help on your problem. Photorealism is not my scene.

John

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630

Hi, Kimo,

I'm assuming by "photorealistic" you mean highly detailed, w. consistent shading. 

It just takes work and practice. Lots & lots. Visit the forum section "Share your work," and look over the AD examples, There are quite a few that are very realistic. Some of the better posts show the vector framework, and there are a few down loadable files that will let you examine all of the details. 

To blow my own horn, here's a link to something I did about 2 years ago. As I mentioned then, it took about 6 weeks. I was just learning AD, and spent between 2 & 4 hours per day on the project. Looking back, there are lots of problems. Edges too sharp, shading too flat, etc. 

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet