Not sure whats happening, but it happens from time to time when I work on really deep files with full res images and many layers along with it but I’m getting really poor performance. Is this normal memory usage? I have  projects due and the spinning ball of death is gonna get me fired. (not really, but am concerned with this)

5ab3c1beec1cf_ScreenShot2018-03-22at9_43_29AM.thumb.png.ccbebe4f11271d0e58a676b1519bb187.png

Hey evtonic3,

I can't really say for sure without seeing one of the files. I have personal files with 60-100 layers and adjustments on them. The only time I really notice it getting bogged down is when I have excessive amounts of symbols or masks and if I've added life filters from Photo.

Are there any documents I can take a look at that you can share? We can keep it private via our Dropbox. 

Sorry for not responding faster, I can say that I got out of that jam that day, but I do recall one  thing about that day when this happened. I had multiple large files in the tabs of Designer and one these files had at least 8 artboards that had insane amounts of full res masked tiff photos that individually are almost 1/2 GB each! When I shut down that file I believe the performance came back some. My question is now does having huge files in tab take up RAM or performance from working in Designer? Even in your example of having 60-100 layers seems huge, I believe other things can slow down Designer. Like in my case, normally I guess no one works with photos that are this huge. Next time I'm going to use a smaller size version of the file.