You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I made this piece as a part of a presentation that I had to make recently to a potential client. 

It is based on a woodblock print by Kuniyoshi and the original name of the print is Princess Takiyasha summons a skeleton spectre to frighten Mitsukuni. I've never seen an original print of this that was in good shape and I thought it was a shame because it is a very nice print so I decided to make my own version (with a few changes here and there). I hope you enjoy.

Hokusai

Takiyasha the Witch and the Skeleton Spectre.jpg

Outline_01.png

Outline_02.png

Really Nice Work — question if don't mind me asking. How did you get your images to show in your post and not as a attachment? 

Thanks

15"-inch MacBook Pro, 2017, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 | 16Gb

ONSO,

Thanks for the kinds words. At the bottom there is the option to either "Drag files here to attach, or choose files...." and I just clicked on the "choose files" and then added the images that I wanted to add. 

Hokusai

ChooseFiles.png

Thanks for the response I did that and the image displayed as an attachment. Please see my post in "share my work". Im not sure why its doing that.

15"-inch MacBook Pro, 2017, 2.9GHz Intel Core i7 | 16Gb

27 minutes ago, ONSO said:

Thanks for the response I did that and the image displayed as an attachment. Please see my post in "share my work". Im not sure why its doing that.

I’ve just posted a reply in your other thread.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Ros,

I'm glad that you enjoyed my work.

ambiroa,

I do have a website but it isn't very good and to be honest, I would be embarrassed to post a link to it. I hope to redesign it soon and when I do, I'll post a link to it. I have posted another piece of Japanese themed art before, if you search here in the "Share your work" for The Siren, you'll find it. I will post some more Japanese themed work hopefully sometime soon. 

Thanks,
Hokusai

Hi Hokusai,
as always a great job

Affinity Photo 2.4:         Affinity Photo 1.10.6: 

Affinity Designer 2.4:    Affinity Designer 1.10.6:

Affinity Publisher 2.4:   Affinity Publisher 1.10.6:    

Windows 11 Pro  (Version 23H2 Build (22631.3296)

retrograde,

Thanks for the kind comments and the funny word play too! This piece is based off of a print that was originally a triptych but the pieces don't all fit together exactly as they should. I had to create some elements from scratch that fit in with the original piece so that aspect of it was very challenging. 

Hokusai

On 3/23/2018 at 7:18 AM, retrograde said:

Okay, what's frightening "me" here is that insane amount of detail... great job! Looks like it was probably quite a challenge.

...couldn't have put it better myself.

MacBook pro, 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3, NVIDIA GeForce 9400M 256 MB, OS X 10.11.6

http://www.pinterest.com/peter2111

Funny, often when I try to start something in Photo I realize I can do this in Designer and switch back... :-) silly me of course but Designer can do everything I need it to. I even bought the Photo workbook but haven't really embraced Photo yet, Designer won't let me. ;) 

retrograde,

I'm pretty much the same as you. Most of what I need to do, I can do in Designer. I like Photo, it is very powerful but for what I've been doing recently Designer can handle it. Plus I normally work with vectors more than raster images so Designer works out best for me. I do like Photo's Red Eye Removal tool though:D

Hokusai

3 minutes ago, Hokusai said:

retrograde,

I'm pretty much the same as you. Most of what I need to do, I can do in Designer. I like Photo, it is very powerful but for what I've been doing recently Designer can handle it. Plus I normally work with vectors more than raster images so Designer works out best for me. I do like Photo's Red Eye Removal tool though:D

Hokusai

:-) Yeah same here. I tend to use photo for colour correction and pixel based tweaks and adjustments... much of which can be done in designer. I come from a long history with illustrator so the vector side is home for me. 

• 1 month later...