You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

As I mentioned before after a restart my performance (the penspeed ) was oké but today It happend to be slow again.

When drawing a line with my Wacom tablet the stroke on the screen comes later. (in illustrator it is behaving normal so it is not the tablet)

I put two screenshots here from the preference panel.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

post-7021-0-65174700-1424355878_thumb.png

post-7021-0-66857100-1424355879_thumb.png

• Staff

Are you using Designer, Photo Beta or Designer Beta? If you're using Designer (or the Designer Beta) are you using the Vector Brush Tool (in the Draw Persona) or the Paintbrush Tool (in the Pixel Persona).

Your settings appear fine. My Wacoms (Cintiq 13HD, Intuos 4M and 5 Touch) work superbly well on my 2011 iMac and 2013 MacBook Pro, so I'd not expect to see poor performance. I'm sure we can get to the bottom of this. Incidentally, I don't think my iMac has been turned off in months, so it's not that I regularly restart or anything like that...

Hi,

I use Designer.

I use the Pencil tool in the Draw Persona.

I close my Imac every end of day to be honest. Run a iMac, 3,6 GHz Intel Corei5 from 2010

It must be something stupid cause first it run fine.

Maybe a way to get rid of preferences to clean it up?

• Staff

If you close down Designer, then hold down the Ctrl key and click to run Designer again (keeping the Ctrl key held down) you should get a dialog that asks about resetting defaults - if you select them all and hit Clear then things should go back to the original settings. Does it seem faster with those settings?

Sorry but I don't understand. (I am not a techy) why should I do this when I bought the official one that should work with the latest software version. I don't want to test beta verslons. Want to keep my computer clean and no double programs.

I will run disck permissions maybe that helps or a re-install. I run Illustrator 6 without any troubles so it must be something smal.

How many other programs do you have open when working, and which OS X version are you using?

And how much RAM do you have?

I'd strongly recommend installing MeneMeters so you can always see how much free RAM you have available, and how much the HDD or SSD is getting flogged when your get a bit low on RAM.

And don't have Safari (or Chrome) open when working if you're RAM limited, because these take up extraordinary amounts of RAM.

Hoi Ruud,

I just tested with my A5 Wacom Bamboo and It's very responsive (MacBook Pro i7 2010 8Gb SSD), also with all other apps open like Affinity Photo Beta, Safari, Mail etc.

I've tried the beta (it can realy do you no harm installing it besides the App Store version! And its namend Beta, so in your programs you see them side-by-side. The fun part of the beta is that you're able to use new functionality, and it's quite stable!) and I've tried the bought version, both do well with my tablet.

I also don't close down my MacBook very often, but do put it to sleep every night (lid closed).

I just bought the paid version and am noticing the same exact problem. When I'm simply drawing a line in Draw Persona, the line lags behind the pen AND the fan in my MacBook Pro starts to run at full speed like when I'm playing a graphics-intensive video game.

I'm just drawing a line... no fill or anything that would strain the CPU, right?

Also, in preferences what are people setting their preferences for RAM usage at?

My MacBook: 2.4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB memory, 1600 MHz

Drawing with a Wacom Intuos CTH-680 Pen & Touch

Thanks for any suggestions!

• Staff

Hi chimni,

Just out of interest, what is the performance like if you use a mouse instead of the Wacom? You really shouldn't need to touch the preferences too much unless you notice a problem - and this really shouldn't be memory related if you have a blank document with a line! ;)

Thanks,

Matt

• 1 month later...

Hi,

I noticed a similar problem. I use a Wacom Intuos4. All operations like: drawing shapes, moving objects, the text is very delayed / lags. However, when performing the same operations using the mouse, everything is OK and works smoothly...

any suggestions how to fix it so I can use a tablet?

Thanks!

yeah, the solution of what I described earlier is very easy (I am ashamed because of this :)

Helped, installation of new drivers to the tablet (a few days ago I updated the system to version 10.10.3 and all drivers stopped working)... and reset the settings in AD.

Now it's all OK :]

Regards!