You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

GUIDE: Importing RAW files directly via google drive

You guys may know this, but I didn’t, stumbled upon it after spending 30-40minutes researching it yesterday. Thus, wanted to save anybody that time by share this for those not in the know: (thank you Apple - for making this shiat unnecessarily difficult)

Anywho here it goes:

1) Via safari browser (or any browser of your choosing) Go to google drive.

(Must be from browser, not google drive app, the app doesn’t import raws)

2) May have to request desktop view, otherwise your app will keep launching.

(To request desktop - long press refresh circular arrow at top right, inside browser)

3) once in google drive, choose your file, tap drop down download arrow or long press to save. *boom* you’re done. Raw file. 

Specs:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2020 Model

— —- - - — - - - ——- - - —- - - - —- - - - - 

My Affinity Photo iPad Creations:

Urban Ninja vs. Drone || Folded Space || 1st Revolt

1 hour ago, Affinity iPad Student said:

(To request desktop - long press refresh circular arrow at top right, inside browser)

Thanks for the tip. I was previously only aware of the more long-winded route via the ‘Share’ button, where ‘Request Desktop Site’ is one of the options alongside ‘Copy’, ‘Print’, etc.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I’ve tried a 14 meg file which just stalled, spinning gear on iPad Pro. The larger issue is how to use photo when traveling and offline! I used WD My Passport drive which works to copy one file at a time but what I need is a way to take the sad card from my camera and load the files into Apple Photos of a local file folder and then access them from Affinity Photo iPad.

looking for a work flow, maybe a tutorial on file management.. I’m still using Lig thrombosis on my Mac but would prefer a no-subscription file management system.

Nick