Hello everyone,

I'm new in affinity photo and I try to find on  Youtube tutorials or here on the forum how to perspective crop an object, keeping the aspect ratio of that object.

I have to crop some paintings from photo and if I use the perspective crop tool it lengthens my result. I do something wrong or this future is not available in Affinity yet?

I attach 2 examples. Normal one is cropped in Photoshop, second in Affinity.

I really like Affinity Photo but there are some future missing, or I didn't discover it yet.

lengthen.jpg

Normal.jpg

By "perspective crop tool" do you mean the Crop Tool or the Perspective Tool?

If I understand what you want to do correctly, you can use the Crop Tool set to the Original Ratio mode to preserve the aspect ratio..

Affinity Photo 1.7.3, Affinity Designer 1.7.3, Affinity Publisher 1.7.3; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.3.155 & Affinity Designer 1.7.3.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 13.1.2

Hi Liviu,

Welcome to the forums :)
Unfortunately Affinity Photo does not have a Perspective Crop tool, but it is a feature that has been requested here: 

@Liviu Which image is Photoshop cropped and which is Affinity cropped?

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo & Publisher - Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

Hi Liviu,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Perspective Tool filter isn't able to geometrically correct/compensate the perspective distortion caused by taking a photograph from an angle so it's unable to restore its original ratio (giving an arbitrary result as you saw).

@firstdefense

The bottom one was cropped in Photoshop.

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes, the first one is cropped with AP and the bottom one is cropped with Photoshop.

I'll have to wait!

Hey guys, I'm a brand new user, making the jump from Adope and the new cost structure. I like what I'm finding minus some feelings of contortion having to bend old familiar work flows. I just had a photo of some artwork I needed to straighten as I was at an angle with the camera when the shot was snapped. I found it in the menu Layer/Live Projection/Perspective Projection. I posted the link to the video that que'd me in.

Fr3ShiE,
C3, 4, 5 to Affinity as of yesterday. I just spent 10 minutes learning to downsize my sample images. It's a large piece I made in nursing school; archiving and trashing.

EndO-riginal.jpg

EndocrineSys.jpg

Edited by Fr3ShiE
Wording and punctuation.