You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone,

I'm new in affinity photo and I try to find on  Youtube tutorials or here on the forum how to perspective crop an object, keeping the aspect ratio of that object.

I have to crop some paintings from photo and if I use the perspective crop tool it lengthens my result. I do something wrong or this future is not available in Affinity yet?

I attach 2 examples. Normal one is cropped in Photoshop, second in Affinity.

I really like Affinity Photo but there are some future missing, or I didn't discover it yet.

lengthen.jpg

Normal.jpg

By "perspective crop tool" do you mean the Crop Tool or the Perspective Tool?

If I understand what you want to do correctly, you can use the Crop Tool set to the Original Ratio mode to preserve the aspect ratio..

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff

Hi Liviu,

Welcome to the forums :)
Unfortunately Affinity Photo does not have a Perspective Crop tool, but it is a feature that has been requested here: 

Please Note: I am now out of the office until Tuesday 2nd April on annual leave.

If you require urgent assistance, please create a new thread and a member of our team will be sure to assist asap.

Many thanks :)

@Liviu Which image is Photoshop cropped and which is Affinity cropped?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

• Staff

Hi Liviu,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

The Perspective Tool filter isn't able to geometrically correct/compensate the perspective distortion caused by taking a photograph from an angle so it's unable to restore its original ratio (giving an arbitrary result as you saw).

@firstdefense

The bottom one was cropped in Photoshop.

• 3 years later...