Nikos

No Quicklook with Designer 1.6.1

I first reported the problem with quicklook and Designer, almost 3 years ago:

Instead of fixing it, I now see that quicklook does not work at all with the release version of Designer 1.6.1

I find Quicklook essential for the Mac experience, and the status of this issue is disappointing.

It can't be that hard to fix this!

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 10.49.07.png

mfsignature.jpg

Hi, 

It was not enabled.

I enabled it, made a small change, saved the document. Same result.

HOWEVER, when I quicklook an SVG document, does it contain a thumbnail? It does not. 

My 3 year-old issue (linked above), was asking for true quicklook support instead of a low-res thumbnail.

Which is not going to happen, I guess?

mfsignature.jpg

Hmm, I too use the latest Designer update under OSX and Quicklook works for me with ".afdesign" and ".svg" files...

qlook.jpg.9cfc883bec322d98349db67c30640630.jpg

svg_qlook.thumb.jpg.86c769ba4e475c53ecaf048581cea224.jpg

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

It worked after creating a new document (so I found a new bug here), but a low-res raster thumbnail cannot be considered Quicklook of a vector image.

SVG works fine, of course. But it is handled by the OS. 

The Quicklook image is 3 times smaller than the original. It is not rendered on the fly.

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 14.53.09.png

mfsignature.jpg

5 minutes ago, v_kyr said:

Did you tried the expand button? - See: Quick Look files and folders

Have a look at the issue (linked in my first message above), which I opened 3 years ago.

Designer always had a small raster preview. This is not true Quicklook.

For instance, with page up/down you can read a whole PDF using Quicklook.

Even if we agree that a raster preview embedded in the file is the way to go (say, for performance reasons), it is way too small. 

mfsignature.jpg

It's implementation dependent and how you make use of the Apple Quick Look consumer SPI here at all. - I assume the with Affinity products supplied Quick Look generator bundles (display bundles) for OSX do show up only JPG thumbnail sized images as preview here, which are always stored together inside the app generated files (don't know which max size their embedded images have or use here). But their Quick Look bundles for sure don't show up the whole build-up out from the initial document format.

☛ Affinity Designer 1.8.3 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.8.3 ◆ OSX El Capitan

I had the same issue, then found the solution. The problem is the absence of quick look plugin in the corresponding folder, so what you need to do is 

1. open Terminal app (you can search it in spotlight), then type 

cd /Library/QuickLook  and hit enter 

after that type

open . and hit enter

pay attention to dot, it should be placed one empty space after the word open (this opens the necessary folder in finder)

image.png.632602a5755200cec3f029ba5bbe9146.png

2. open Applications folder in finder and find Affinity Designer, right click on its icon and choose the show package contents option then navigate to Contents->Library->QuickLook folder and finally copy and paste the QuickLook.qlgenerator file to the folder opened in the first step. That's all, everything should work now.